Friday 8 July 2016

Movie Review #3: Jack the Giant Slayer

Another movie review! Recently, I saw the movie Jack the Giant Slayer. It was a really good movie as I had hoped it would be. This is also mostly spoiler free.



Title: Jack the Giant Slayer
Director: Bryan Singer
Rating: PG-13
My Rating: 4 Crowns
Release Date: March 1, 2013

We all know the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. But maybe we don't know the real story. This is the real story.

PLOT

The plot was done really well. It was unique and different to the normal Jack and the Beanstalk story. We got to know more about Jack and why he climbed the beanstalk. He climbed it to rescue the princess of course. Though the princess wasn't weak and helpless like you might think she'd be. She was very badass

ACTORS/CHARACTERS



Nicholas Hoult plays the hero of the movie, Jack. Jack is a poor farmer and lives with his uncle after his father dies. I really enjoyed seeing this different type of Jack. He is still quite an average person even though he happens to be a hero and saving the princess. 



Eleanor Tomlinson plays Princess Isabelle. I adored the princess. She was a strong-willed character who knew what she wanted and didn't want to be tied down. I have seen Eleanor Tomlinson in one other thing so far which was Poldark and I have to say, I adore her. 




Ewan McGregor was hilarious as Elmont. This was an entirely different role for him since the only other thing that I have seen him in happened to be Star Wars. He was a lot less series in this movie and funnier. 


FIGHTING

There was quite a bit of fighting as there is a fairytale/action type movie. I didn't mind the fighting too much though there was a lot of it. I feel like it made the movie more exciting. 


ROMANCE

There was a little bit of chemistry between Jack and Isabelle but not as much as I wanted. I feel like their romance was a bit rushed and could have been slowed down a little bit more. 



CONTENT FOR OLDER VIEWERS ONLY?

This movie is rated PG-13 for a reason. I feel like some of the fighting or "gorey" type seasons would not be for younger kids so watch out for that. But there isn't any profanity or nudity or things like that so in that respect, it is great for younger viewers.

I didn't enjoy it as much as I originally thought but Nicholas Hoult was attractive and a good actor and I adored Eleanor Tomlinson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment