Saturday 28 December 2019

2020 Goals and 2019 Wrap-Up

Happy Saturday! Today, I am sharing my 2019 reading challenges final update and the goals I have for 2020! Here are all the challenges I did this year and my goals for the new year!


2019 BOOKISH AND WRITING GOALS WRAP-UP

1. Read 75 Books: COMPLETE 

I did complete this goal! I managed to read 82 books this year. I set my Goodreads challenge lower than in previous years, and I am glad that I still managed to surpass my goal. 

2. Finish Writing Camelot Anew: NOT COMPLETE

I have made a ton of progress on this novel but I still haven't finished it.

3. Try to Post at Least Once a Week: NOT COMPLETE

I am still trying to get on a blogging schedule that works for me but it's still hard. 

4. Read 5-6 Books a Month: COMPLETE

I did manage to complete this for most of the months so I am considering it a goal that I completed. Reading five books a month isn't too hard for me 

5. Write Two Book Reviews a Month: NOT COMPLETE

I managed to write quite a few book reviews this year but I still had trouble writing two a month as book reviews take forever to write. However, I'm looking to do better in the new year.

6. Keep 80% on NetGalley: COMPLETE

I managed to keep 80% on NetGalley in 2019 even though it did fluctuate some.



2020 BOOKISH AND WRITING GOALS 

1. Read 75 Books

I am putting my Goodreads Challenge at 75 books again! It should be manageable as I surpassed 75 books last year. 

2. Finishing Writing a Novel 

I haven't finished writing a full novel yet and that has been a goal of mine for awhile. I am very determined to actually finish one in 2020. 

3. Keep a Feedback Ratio of 80% on NetGalley

I've done pretty well with NetGalley over the past couple of years and I am trying to keep my feedback ratio at 80% as it gives me a better chance of getting the books I request. 

4.  Reread Five Or More Books

I don't usually make time for rereading books but I love re-reading books that I've loved and getting to relive the book. I do, usually reread a couple books a year, but I like the idea of making this a goal. 

5. Write Two Book Reviews A Month 

I want to try and write two book reviews a month because I am very bad at writing reviews and I need to get better at it. After all, part of the point of having a book blog is to write book reviews. 

6. Keep My Bookstagram Up 

I admit that I've slacked a lot on my bookstagram and haven't posted in quite awhile. I want to try and post at least once a week on my bookstagram. I also am very bad at taking photos, so I have to work on that. 



2019 CHALLENGE WRAP-UPS



THE GOODREADS CHALLENGE

Hosted By: Goodreads

I pledged to read 75 books this year and I managed to read a grand total of: 82 books which I think is a pretty good accomplishment. 










Hosted By: Cornerfolds

I managed to finish this challenge! I read 14 retellings in 2019 which means I surpassed my goal of reading 6-10 retellings. I also really enjoyed most of these and some of them have even made it onto my favorite books of 2019 list.

Books Read:

1. The Forest Queen by Betsy Cornwell
2. The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein
3. The Case for Jamie by Brittany Cavallaro
4. Dark Breaks the Dawn by Sara B. Larson
5. Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly
6. The Princess and the Fangirl by Ashley Poston
7. Sherwood by Meagan Spooner
8. Suspicion by Alexandra Monir
9. Stain by A.G. Howard
10. Circe by Madeleine Miller
11. Pride, Prejudice and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev
12. The Lady Rogue by Jenn Bennett
13. Loki: Where Mischief Lies by Mackenzi Lee
14. House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig 





Hosted By: Caffeinated Reviewer

I didn't do so well with this challenge. I only managed to listen to two full audiobooks this year. However, they were both pretty long audiobooks and I really enjoyed both of them.

Audiobooks Listened To:

1. The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
2. Kill the Queen by Jennifer Estep 



NEW RELEASE CHALLENGE 



This is one of the easier challenges and I managed to read 36 books! 





THE BACKLIST READER CHALLENGE

Hosted By: The Bookwyrm's Hoard

I read a total of 43 books for this challenge and I am pretty proud of that. This challenge was very easy and I might find something a little more challenging for next year.


How'd you do on your goals and challenges in 2019? And what goals do you have for the coming year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment