Wednesday 30 December 2020

WINTER 2021 RELEASES I AM EXCITED FOR

 There are so many good books coming out in 2021 so I've decided to break my list down by season. In this list, I have my Winter 2021 anticipated books (which includes the months of January and February).




JANUARY 





1. Lore by Alexandra Bracken ~ January 5, 2021

Lore by Alexandra Bracken is marketed as a Greek mythological Hunger Games where the descendants of Greek heroes try and kill the Ancient Greek Gods. I've already read several reviews of this book and they're very positive so I am excited for it! 


This is pitched as The Mandalorian meets Six of Crows and Throne of Glass. Also, I've read that it's a sort of mix between fantasy and medieval fantasy which sounds so cool!


We Hunt the Flame is one of my favorite books and I have been highly anticipating this sequel! Especially since the first book ended on a cliffhanger. 


This is the prequel to the Dark Shores series, about Marcus before the events of Dark Shores. Marcus was one of my favorite characters in the series so I am excited to see what happened to him before those events. 

5. City of Villains by Estelle Laure ~ January 26, 2021

City of Villains is pitched as Disney Villains meets Gotham and tells the stories of Disney villains before they became villains which is such a good concept. 


FEBRUARY 







1. Muse by Brittany Cavallaro ~ February 2, 2021

Muse is set in an alternate American reality where there's a monarchy which is a super interesting concept. It's also set at the World's Fair which sounds really cool. 


This is apparently a twist on the typical vampire book which focuses more on female friendships! Honestly, I love that vampire themed books are coming back into style. 

3. Liberte by Gita Trelease ~ February 2, 2021

Liberte is the sequel to Enchante. I honestly thought Enchante was a standalone but I am excited to see what else happens in this series. 

4. The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna ~ February 9, 2021

This is titled as a West African inspired own-voices Fantasy that is also compared to Black Panther, which just sounds so cool! 


Apparently this is a Snow Queen retelling that is Western themed, set against a frozen-snowy backdrop. 


This is described as The Cruel Prince meets The Mortal Instruments with faeries and murder. Also, it takes place in modern-day like those books which I love. 






Are any of these books on your anticipated lists for 2020? 

No comments:

Post a Comment