Sunday 31 July 2016

July Wrap-Up

So, it's the end of the month and that means another wrap-up! I read a total of fifteen books this month and I am on my way to finishing two more which will sadly not be featured in this wrap-up. I have been in Los Angeles, California, most of this month so I have been doing a ton of reading and quite a good amount of blogging as well. I have also been doing well at my challenges and am well on my way to completing them.

Now, without further ado, lets get to the books I read this month. 


PHYSICAL BOOKS






The first physical book I read was Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I read this book in one sitting which was a good thing for me as that rarely happens. I adored this book. This is the third book in one of my favorite series. I love the characters and the plots so so much. And the cliffhanger, absolutely killed me. I rated this book 5 out of 5 Crowns

The second book I read was Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey. This was a great YA Historical Fiction/Romance and I adored it as well. I ended up rating it 5 Crowns as well.





The third physical book I read was Lock and Mori by Heather W. Petty. I adore Sherlock and I expected to enjoy this as well which I did. It was such a fantastic retelling and I loved the characters so much. I rated it 5 Crowns

The fourth physical book I read was A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann. I have never really read a thriller or horror book before so this was my first experience and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I ended up rating it 5 Crowns. 






The fifth physical book I read was The King Slayer by Virginia Boecker. I love this duology so much and this book was a wonderful sequel. I loved the romance and the characters and the plot. I did not want it to end. I rated it 5 Crowns. 

The sixth book I read was Ash and Bramble by Sarah Prineas. I found myself a little bit bored with this book but I ended up liking it more as it went on and I rated it 4 Crowns. 



 



The seventh book I read was The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine. I love retellings so so much and this proved to be such a good Snow White retelling. The Queen was horrible and everything was so vivid. I loved it and rated it 5 Crowns.


The eighth book I read was Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson. I had this book in my book depository wishlist and then I saw it at the library so I decided to just pick it up. I ended up really enjoying it and wanting more but sadly there isn't another book. I rated it 4 Crowns. 


 



The ninth book I read this month was The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins. I have never been so anxious to get the next book. I need Paxon to come back and fix everything. Please. I rated this 4 Crowns. 


The tenth book I read this month was The Morganville Vampires Volume 1 by Rachel Caine. I can't believe that I read a vampire book. Like this is crazy stuff. I am not one to submit to the crowds in terms of reading books and this time I did. I read a vampire book and I actually enjoyed it. I rated it 4 Crowns. 

 



The eleventh book I read was Starflight by Melissa Landers. I loved this book. It is like a cross between The Lunar Chronicles, Stitching Snow and Star Wars and it is amazing. I rated it 5 Crowns and I found a new favorite. 

The twelfth book I read was Everland by Wendy Spinale. Ugh, this book was so so good. I love Peter Pan and Peter Pan retellings. They are always so good and Pete was so amazing. New fictional boyfriend guys. I rated it 5 Crowns. 



The thirteenth book I read was The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May. I need to own this book!!! I loved it so so much and now I want the next one. I need the next one. I love the romance and the characters and the plot. And Kiaran is like my favorite 'bad boy'. I rated it 5 Crowns. 

The fourteenth book I read was Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie. I just finished this and it was so good that I should have a massive book hangover but I really don't. I rated it 5 Crowns. 


ARC READ



The last book I read was The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson. I loved this book so much. It was a wonderful ender and even though I was slightly disappointed that my ship did not quite happen, I still loved it. I rated it 5 Crowns. 

REVIEWS IN JULY












FAVORITE COVER OF THE MONTH:







WHAT BOOKS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:

  







No comments:

Post a Comment