Monday 2 January 2017

DECEMBER '16 WRAP UP!



So, it's the end of the month and that means another wrap-up!

Reading wise, it hasn't been that great but blogging wise, it's been very good.

I also managed to watch quite a few movies [Moana, Rogue One, Guardians of the Galaxy] and TV. Still catching up on Legends of Tomorrow which is such a good show. Enjoying it immensely.

Also I started a book club which you can find here.

 Anyways...

Time to talk about the books I read this month.


PHYSICAL BOOKS





The first physical book I read was Jackaby by William Ritter. I did not expect much going into this book as it is more of an unknown book by the blogging community, but I liked the tag line, 'Doctor Who meets Sherlock' It ended up being pretty good. There were many similarities to Sherlock, not many to Doctor Who. I loved the characters, especially Jackaby who was as quirky as his name. He was very smart and often got my brain all twisted up as I tried to decipher what he was saying. Abigail was interesting as well. She wasn't really the heroine but she was entertaining and I liked her just fine. I ended up rating this book 4 Crowns.

The second physical book that I read was Winterspell by Claire Legrand. I wanted to read a wintery type book and I did. I have heard and read so many mixed things about this book but I wanted to give my own opinions. I actually enjoyed this one, even though it was borderline New Adult. The main character was really interesting but I didn't like Nicholas all that much. I thought he was kind of annoying and possessive. I liked the villain though. I rated this 4 Crowns.

The third and last physical book that I read was Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes.  This is the fifth book in the Falling Kingdoms series and I enjoyed it as much as the previous books. And the cliffhanger was ughhh. I can't even form coherent sentences, right now. I really enjoyed this one, though and it was my last read of 2016 which makes me happy. I rated it 5 Crowns.





ARC'S READ




The first ARC, I read was Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I adored this book because the Lux series is such a good series that I adore so so so much. I loved seeing my beloved characters again and I rated this 5 Crowns. 

The second ARC, I read was The Secret of the Sphinx by Samuel Bavli. This is a Middle Grade book that I requested from NetGalley. I did not enjoy this book as much as I wanted to. I rated it 3 Crowns. 



The third ARC, I read was When in Rome...Find Yourself by Lena Mae Hill. Contemporary ARCs don't always meet my expectations which is sad. I do like Contemporaries, but some eARCs, I don't. I did however rate this 4 Crowns because there were a couple things I liked. 

The fourth ARC, I read was Mad Miss Mimic by Sarah Henstra. This was a DNF for me because I could not get into it. I read until about 15% and I was just so utterlly confused and had no idea who anyone was and ugh. 





REVIEWS IN NOVEMBER: 



OTHER POSTS: 

MUSIC MONDAY:

NONE

TOP TEN TUESDAY: 

NONE

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: 

NONE


WEEKLY WRAP-UP:




DISCUSSIONS/OTHER:

















FAVORITE COVER OF THE MONTH:





NEW FICTIONAL BAE'S: 


Dawson from Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Magnus Damora from Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes [as usual]


TV SHOWS I WATCHED THIS MONTH:




WHAT BOOKS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:







NEW BLOG FINDS


SONGS ON REPEAT

Bad Things - Machine Gun Kelly ft. Camila Cabello

How Far I'll Go - Alessia Cara Version [Moana]

High - Zella Day 

The graphics at the top belong to me. The background pictures for them, however do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment