Saturday 31 December 2016

The Smashing & Dashing 2016 Character Awards Tag!


AHHH! More analyzing 2016 reading and characters and all that jazz but I'm excited. Aren't you? 

This tag was created by the lovely Cait over at Paperfury, which is where you can find the original tag and questions and her answers. 




1. Most Relatable Character

So, most of these characters are out saving the world and battling aliens, monsters and general bad people. And then there's me. The little bookworm who struggles to balance her humungous pile of schoolwork with her blogging, reading and tv watching responsibilities. Oh and helping her parents and cat of course. :)   That being said, there is someone who I still can relate to and she's not a contemporary book character!  This lovely character is Katy from Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. She is a book blogger and she is really funny and sweet. 


2. Most Pure and Precious Animal Companion

This is really hard for me since I didn't read many books this year with animal companions or animals in them. But, I will go with Kamala from The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi. I mean, Kamala does have the urge to eat everyone's flesh but she's still an animal [horse] and I loved her. 


3. Fiercest Fighter

Another difficult question for me.  There are so so many. I will go with three main ones. Both female because girl emporement. The first is Inej from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. She is badass. I love her so much.  The second is Caelena from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas because have you seen her? She literally reaks with fighting power. She's an assassin. And lastly, Aileana from The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May. She saves everyone from the evil fae, all while being a lady in the 19th century. 


4. Most Amazing Sidekick

I hate thinking of people as sidekicks but I will go with Samirah from Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan. I really liked her because she was diverse and was not there for a love interest. [Can I hear a hooray?] She was also not afraid to tell our main character what to do every once in awhile. 


5. One You're Surprised You Loved

I assume, she is talking about a book at this point. I will go with Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I do not read Adult books and yet I picked this one up and loved it so much. It was hilarious, sad and beautiful. 

If she's talking about a character, then I will go with Magnus from Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. I hated him in the first two books but then he began to grow on me and I love him so so much. He is a very complex character. He goes from hating everyone [basically] to actually liking/loving Cleo and being all nice and protective and ugh. #Goals. 


6. Best Sassmaster

I'm just going to go with Magnus Chase from The Sword of Summer because if you read that book, you'd know I'm right. 

Honorable mention also goes to the cast of Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes. 


7. Best Anti-Hero and Morally Grey Grape

This is an obvious one for me. I am going with the whole cast of Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo but especially Kaz Brekker. I love this character but he is such an anti-hero. I don't think he even knows that he is a hero. He saved many people and his 'friends' but he still considers himself to be an anti-hero [all without saying that at all].


8. Best Worst Villain to Hate. 

Aka. The worst villain ever to walk the earth. I am going with Amara from Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes. OMG. I don't know what happened to this woman. I hated her in Frozen Tides and now, she is just a really bad villain. Ugh. 


9. Truly Astounding Worst YA Parents

Valentine Morgenstern from City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. This guy pretends he cares about Jace but he doesn't. That's all I am going to say. 


Oh and the Malfoys from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. They need to stop being so prejudiced against people. Like Draco would be a good person otherwise. 


10. Truly Astounding Best YA Parents

The Weasleys. I love this family to death and Molly and Arthur are so good to their children and Hermione and Harry who aren't their children. 


11. Toot. Toot. The Best Ship of Them All

Not this question again.  I'm going with my previous answers. Cress + Thorne from Winter by Marissa Meyer, Inej + Kaz from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo and Cleo + Magnus from Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes. 


12. The Most in Need of Protection

Cleo and Magnus from Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes because they deserve protection from this evil world. Oh and The Lunar Chronicles gang because they are all so smol and precious. They all have such hard lives and they do not deserve it. 


13. Most Boring as a Barnacle

I'm going to skip this question...


14. Best Little Royal 

Ugh. I don't know. Maven from Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. Yes, he's evil but he would be a good king if he let other people in and I adore him so he stays.  

And an honorable mention would be Lia from The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson. 


15. Very Surprised You're Still Alive

The cast of Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes because honestly, they should all be dead. 


16. Best at Horrible Decision Making

No idea. 


17. Cutest Dork

Percy Jackson from The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan [re-read]. Percy is the biggest dork ever but we love him. 


18. Cleverest Little Hellion

Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: I know, I have mentioned him so many times but honestly he is really smart.  


19. Most in Need of a Nap


Me and everyone at my school. 

JK 

Kaz Brekker because he does too much and never rests. 

Magnus Damora from Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes. He drinks too much and then sleeps but still needs help so take a nap my young padawan. [I don't even know why I just said that]


20. I Want to Read More About You


For this question, I will go with books that are either stand-alones or I've already finished the series. 

Kaden from The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson. Because, I love this character so so much and I need more. 

All the Lunar Chronicles characters from Marissa Meyer 

No comments:

Post a Comment