Sunday 11 December 2016

#Blogmas Day Four, Five and Six: November Wrap-Up




So, it's the end of the month and that means another wrap-up!  I did not have a good month. I only read five books, but to be fair, I was busy trying to get good grades. [still doing that btw]

I also watched TV. I watched The Flash, Once Upon a Time, and Supergirl. Oh and I started up Legends of Tomorrow. I love the show so far. So you will probably hear fangirlling.

Also I started a book club which you can find here.

 Anyways...

Time to talk about the books I read this month.


PHYSICAL BOOKS






The first physical book I read was And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich. This was a Horror/Paranormal YA book that I honestly thought I would hate and die screaming in terror. Well, that wasn't the truth. It was hella scary. Like really creepy. I freaked out more than once which is why it took me awhile to finish it and I ended up finishing it in November, rather than October. But, it was a good book. I rated it 4 Crowns.

The second book I read was An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. This was such a good book. I have put off reading this for the past year because I thought it would be bad. :( But I was wrong as it was actually amazing. I mean not amazing, cause I did rate it only 4 Crowns but it was still pretty good.



The third book I read was Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. This is another book that I had put off for forever. I have owned it for like two years and never picked it up because I was scared, as usual. But it was really good. I loved the characters [especially the Darkling. He's evil but also bae] And I rated this 5 Crowns.

The fourth book I read was Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan. This was another book I put off. [I'm sensing a pattern here] I also really enjoyed this one. I love Rick Riordan books and I am excited to read the next one but not yet cause I need to finish so many books first. I rated this 5 Crowns. 



ARC'S READ





The first and only ARC I read was Woe for a Faerie by B. Brumley. I did not enjoy this book as much as I had hoped. I'm really sad because I love fairies but I ended up only rating it 2.5 Crowns.  I did do a review of this book so you can check that out. 



REVIEWS IN NOVEMBER: 






OTHER POSTS: 

MUSIC MONDAY:



TOP TEN TUESDAY: 

NONE

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: 

NONE


WEEKLY WRAP-UP:


DISCUSSIONS/OTHER:




FAVORITE COVER OF THE MONTH:





NEW FICTIONAL BAE'S: 


The Darkling from Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

Elias from An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir



TV SHOWS I WATCHED THIS MONTH:

 




WHAT BOOKS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:




NEW BLOG FINDS


SONGS ON REPEAT

Hairspray Movie Soundtrack 


The graphics at the top belong to me. The background pictures for them, however do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment