Thursday 24 November 2016

OCTOBER WRAP-UP '16



So, it's the end of the month and that means another wrap-up! I read nine books this month which was really good considering, I was super busy with school and the musical and lots of stuff.

I also managed to watch some TV. There are a lot of shows on but I record some and prioritize Supergirl, Once Upon a Time and the Flash.

Anyways...

Time to talk about the books I read this month.


PHYSICAL BOOKS





The first book I read was Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. I heard so many bad things that I was very hesitant to read this book for the longest time but I finally picked it up. I must say, it was kind of slow. I won't lie. And some of the characters annoyed me to no end but I loved it anyways. I mean it is the Red Queen sequel which blew me away. I ended up rating it 5 Crowns.

The second book I read was Ruined by Amy Tintera. I hadn't heard much about this book but I saw it at the library and picked it up and let me say, I was not disappointed. It is kind of a generic story. She fakes her identity to get revenge and then falls in love in the middle of a rebellion but I loved it.  I rated it 5 Crowns



The third book I read was Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige. Four words: So many love interests! I don't know why. I also only really liked one of them and I hope she ends up with him but probably won't happen. But this was a Snow Queen retelling and it was beautiful and satisfying. I rated it 5 Crowns.

The fourth book that I read was Frozen Tides by Morgan Rhodes. This series is a favorite of mine as it is probably pretty obvious. I love this series so much, it has so many elements that are so interesting and I highly recommend it. Plus Magleo and they are one of my bookish OTPs. <3 I rated it 5 Crowns.



The fifth book that I read was Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco. This book surprised me a lot. I didn't expect much from it because I didn't read that many reviews of it but it was such a good book. And I did surprisingly cry during the end which was annoying but it was so emotional and that plot twist that just shocked me. I rated this one 5 Crowns as well.

The sixth book I read was The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. This was a nonfiction memoir and it was so interesting. I never pick up these kinds of books but my teacher had copies and it sounded really good so I read it and I was pleasantly surprised. I ended up rating it 5 Crowns as well.



The seventh book I read was I Am Malala by Malala. This book was really interesting and also something that I wouldn't normally pick up, and I ended up rating it 5 Crowns



ARC'S READ



The first ARC  I read was Omega by Lizzy Ford. Yes, I have had this book for over a year and I still count it as an eArc. [I have a problem, it's pretty obvious] This ended up being a pretty good book. I love Mythology and this had Greek mythology. I rated this 4 Crowns.

The second ARC I read was All Her Secrets by Kate Avery Ellison. This book wasn't quite as exciting as I was expecting it to be but I ended up rating it 3 Crowns. 




REVIEWS IN SEPTEMBER:

NONE


OTHER POSTS: 

MUSIC MONDAY:




WEEKLY WRAP-UP:




DISCUSSIONS/OTHER:







FAVORITE COVER OF THE MONTH:




NEW FICTIONAL BAE'S: 


Maven Calore from Red Queen

Thomas from Stalking Jack the Ripper

Magnus from Frozen Tides

Jagger from Stealing Snow



TV SHOWS I WATCHED THIS MONTH:



WHAT BOOKS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:




NEW BLOG FINDS


SONGS ON REPEAT








[the graphic at the top belongs to me but the background picture was taken from someone's tumblr]



No comments:

Post a Comment