Wednesday 28 October 2015

October 2015 Book Haul


Hello lovelies,

        Sorry for the long absence. I've been dealing with school, and grades and all that jazz... So, I was supposed to write a thoughts on Teen Wolf post and a couple reviews but I decided, hey why don’t I do a book haul because I have gotten a couple books in October.

Anyways...let’s get started.  And no, these don’t have to do with Halloween. I’m sorry!



The first book I bought was The Clockwork Scarab by Colleen Gleason.  I bought this book online at Thrift Books and it is has many books though often the newer ones are out of stock. Sadly.  But I did get this book from there.

Evaline Stoker and Mina Holmes never meant to get into the family business. But when you’re the sister of Bram and the niece of Sherlock, vampire hunting and mystery solving are in your blood. And when two society girls go missing, there’s no one more qualified to investigate.

Now fierce Evaline and logical Mina must resolve their rivalry, navigate the advances of not just one but three mysterious gentlemen, and solve murder with only one clue: a strange Egyptian scarab. The stakes are high. If Stoker and Holmes don’t unravel why the belles of London society are in such danger, they’ll become the next victims.



The second book I bought was Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.  I also got this book online at Thrift Books.  I have been seeing and hearing good things about this book so I decided to pick it up and see what all the buzz was about. I have yet to read this book but it will go into one of my upcoming TBRs.

This is a world divided by blood - red or silver.

The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change.

That is, until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of power.

Fearful of Mare's potential, the Silvers hide her in plain view, declaring her a long-lost Silver princess, now engaged to a Silver prince. Despite knowing that one misstep would mean her death, Mare works silently to help the Red Guard, a militant resistance group, and bring down the Silver regime.

But this is a world of betrayal and lies, and Mare has entered a dangerous dance - Reds against Silvers, prince against prince, and Mare against her own heart...



The third book I bought was Legend by Marie Lu.  I got this book online at Thrift Books.  I have read this book and I loved it so naturally I wanted to own it. I will be re-reading this sometime.  

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths—until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.



The fourth book I bought was The Chess Queen Enigma by Colleen Gleason. I got this book from Barnes and Noble. This is the third book in the Stoker and Holmes series and I love this series so much.  I will be doing a review on the second book soon.  This series is amazing and you should check it out.  This was also one of my most anticipated books for this year and I actually got it a week after it came out!!! Yay!!

No summary for this one. Sorry!


The fifth book I bought was Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. I got this from Barnes and Noble last week and I have been wanting to get this book for a while.  This seems like a really great read and I can’t wait to get into it.

A heartbroken girl. A fierce warrior. A hero in the making.

Sixteen years ago the Kingdom of Winter was conquered and its citizens enslaved, leaving them without magic or a monarch. Now, the Winterians’ only hope for freedom is the eight survivors who managed to escape, and who have been waiting for the opportunity to steal back Winter’s magic and rebuild the kingdom ever since.

Orphaned as an infant during Winter’s defeat, Meira has lived her whole life as a refugee, raised by the Winterians’ general, Sir. Training to be a warrior—and desperately in love with her best friend, and future king, Mather — she would do anything to help her kingdom rise to power again.

So when scouts discover the location of the ancient locket that can restore Winter’s magic, Meira decides to go after it herself. Finally, she’s scaling towers, fighting enemy soldiers, and serving her kingdom just as she’s always dreamed she would. But the mission doesn’t go as planned, and Meira soon finds herself thrust into a world of evil magic and dangerous politics – and ultimately comes to realize that her destiny is not, never has been, her own.


The sixth and last book I bought was Prodigy by Marie Lu. This is the second book in the Legend Trilogy and I had to get this book.  

And sorry no summary for this one! :(

That’s it for this blogpost.  Sorry it was so short!

See y’all next time. (Don’t know where I’m going with that y’all thing…)

No comments:

Post a Comment