Sunday 11 October 2015

The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas Review

The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas Review


Finished this book awhile back on my TBR! This review will not contain spoilers!





The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
Genre: Fantasy/Young Adult
Publisher: Balzar+Bray
Pages: 464
Recommended Age: 12 and up


Summary:


It all began with a ruined elixir and a bolt of lightning.


Iolanthe Seabourne is the greatest elemental mage of her generation—or so she's been told. The one prophesied for years to be the savior of The Realm. It is her duty and destiny to face and defeat the Bane, the most powerful tyrant and mage the world has ever known. This would be a suicide task for anyone, let alone a reluctant sixteen-year-old girl with no training.


Guided by his mother's visions and committed to avenging his family, Prince Titus has sworn to protect Iolanthe even as he prepares her for their battle with the Bane. But he makes the terrifying mistake of falling in love with the girl who should have been only a means to an end. Now, with the servants of the tyrant closing in, Titus must choose between his mission—and her life.

Review:


So, this book was amazing and I did really want to read it to just see how it was. Many critics and reviewers have compared it with the Harry Potter series and now I know why.


The main character Iolanthe is easy to like and is a proper heroine. She even saves the prince’s life instead of the other way around.





The other character, Prince Titus is adorable and just a little bit conceited.  This is basically what I would say to Iolanthe if I was in that story because Prince Titus is perfect <3




These characters will seriously steal away your heart and never give it back.


The Burning Sky was a little hard to follow at times.


I still think that she needed to build up the world a little bit more as that would have made me happy but her character development was pretty on point.
Prince Titus is both strong, but at the same time courteous and vulnerable. He can also be a little rude, obnoxious and cocky as I said before. My heart has been completely stolen by him. For some reason I often get smitten by obnoxious princes or guy characters. There are quite a lot of those <3




I also totally ship the two main characters. Their romance is beautiful and developed. That was one of the reasons that kept me going during reading the book. I needed to know what happened between the two.




And now I can’t wait to read the next one :) It’s going to be AMAZING!



No comments:

Post a Comment