Tuesday 19 January 2016

Top Ten Tuesday || Books to Read in 2016!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created  at The Broke and the Bookish


Today I will be doing my top books to read in 2016 because I either didn’t have time to read them in 2015, didn’t want to read them in 2015 or didn’t own them in 2015.


I will have about fifteen books on this list so stay with me guys. Go grab your favorite snack and a cup of tea and settle in for this blogpost.




Number One: Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin.


Basically this book is about a girl who escaped from a death camp and is trying to participate in a motorcycle race in order to meet Hitler so she can kill him. This is set in an alternate reality where the Axis Powers won World War II and rule the world.


This book sounds amazing and I can’t wait to dive into it. i didn’t read this book last year because I didn’t hear about it till around December and by then I didn’t want to go out somewhere and buy it but now I have it and am looking forward to putting this on one of my TBRs.




Number Two: Magnus Chase and The Gods of Asgard The Sword of Summer.


Magnus is basically a boy (16?) who lives and survives on the streets of Boston. One day he is tracked down by a man he’s never met and he learns that he is the son of a Norse God.  


This book is by Rick Riordan so it should be hilarious. I loved the Percy Jackson series and The Heroes of Olympus series so I should love this one.



Number Three: The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen


She’s an untested young princess who must claim her throne, learn to become a queen, and defeat a malevolent sorceress. (I obviously don’t know much about this book as you can see)


Yes, this will be one of the first actual New Adult/Adult books I shall read but I expect it to be amazing. It has many of the factors that I love in a book so it should be a fairly pleasurable read.


Number Four: Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge


Based on the fairytale Beauty and the Beast. Nyx has been betrothed to an evil ruler since birth and since birth she has been training to kill him. On her seventeenth birthday she abandons everything she’s ever known to marry him. Her plan is to seduce him, destroy his enchanted castle and break the nine-hundred year old curse he has on the people. But he is not what she expects.


Okay, so I bought this last year and it has just been sitting on the shelf by my desk for a while now and I still haven’t picked it up. I think I will really enjoy this one as I love retellings and this is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast!

Number Five: Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch


For this one I’m just going to use the summary found on Goodreads: Sixteen years ago the Kingdom of Winter was conquered and its citizens enslaved, leaving them without magic or a monarch. Now, the Winterians’ only hope for freedom is the eight survivors who managed to escape, and who have been waiting for the opportunity to steal back Winter’s magic and rebuild the kingdom ever since.


Orphaned as an infant during Winter’s defeat, Meira has lived her whole life as a refugee, raised by the Winterians’ general, Sir. Training to be a warrior—and desperately in love with her best friend, and future king, Mather — she would do anything to help her kingdom rise to power again.


So when scouts discover the location of the ancient locket that can restore Winter’s magic, Meira decides to go after it herself. Finally, she’s scaling towers, fighting enemy soldiers, and serving her kingdom just as she’s always dreamed she would. But the mission doesn’t go as planned, and Meira soon finds herself thrust into a world of evil magic and dangerous politics – and ultimately comes to realize that her destiny is not, never has been, her own


So, I bought this in September and for reasons I have not picked it up. Many people have liked it and one of my friends read it and said it was amazing so I think I shall read this book when I can.




Number Six: Landry Park by Bethany Hagen


In a future United States, seventeen year old Madeline Landry dreams of going to university. Unfortunantly she must marry and run the family estate. But her world is turned upside down when she discovers the devastating consequences her lifestyle is having on the less fortunate.


I have not read this because I have not given myself the time and I thought I might not actually enjoy it but my sister read it and she said it was amazing. So, I shall try and pick this up as soon as I can.




Number Seven: Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon


This is about two girls who go on vacation to Scotland and it is a book set in the world of Brigadoon. Okay, I have to admit I hated the Brigadoon movie but I am excited to pick up this book.


My sister read this shortly after I purchased it and she loved it. I did not read it because of how many other books I have piling up to read. I swear if I put the amount of books I want to read in a stack it would be about three stories high. Yep, not kidding.




Number Eight: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.


Celaena is an assassin who’s served a year in salt mines for her crimes. She is brought before the Crown Prince who offers her, her freedom on one condition: she must act as his champion in a competition to find a new royal assassin.


Holy pickles. So many people have recommended this book to me and I bought it back in August or September and I need to pick this one up.



Number Nine: Rook by Sharon Cameron


Basically this book is sent in future Paris and all those who don’t support the new revolution are put to death. A mysterious figure called the red rook, however, keeps springing people from the jail cells, only leaving a red tipped rook feather in their place.


Across the sea in the Commonwealth, Sophia Bellamy is being forced into an arranged marriage to save her family from ruin. Her fiance, Rene Hasard is not who he seems but neither is she.


Ugh. I just recently finished this book and it was beautiful and just kept me hooked till the very end. It was such a beautiful standalone novel and I shall be doing a lengthy review sometime soon.




Number Ten: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas


This is a New Adult/Young Adult book retelling of Beauty and the Beast. There’s fae, romance and murder.


I love this book so so much! It’s amazing.  Review coming soon.




Number Eleven: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


Clary Fray’s first meeting with Shadowhunters is inside a club in New York City but it isn’t her last meeting. Within twenty-four hours she’s pulled into the shadowhunter world/


I can not wait to start this series.




Number Twelve: Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter


I have heard that this is not a retelling of Alice in Wonderland and I am actually okay with that. It sounds awesome all on its own and I can’t wait to dive into it. :)




Number Thirteen: Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini.


I believe she goes back in time to a time when the Salem Witch Trials were going on. I don’t really know what it is about but that.


So, I bought this book when I went to Barnes and Noble once and I seriously barely looked at what it was about and then when I did, I was really excited to read it but I have not picked it up yet and I need to.




Number Fourteen: Winter by Marissa Meyer


No summary for this one as it is the last in a series.


AHHH! This series is my life force. [Okay, not really but this series is amazing] This is the fourth book in the Lunar Chronicles series and if you have not read any of them then what are you doing with your life? Go pick them up. You will not regret it.




Number Fifteen: The Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman


This is set in World War II about a girl who is Hitler’s niece and she meets a Jewish reporter who tells her about her father and she begins to question everything.


Okay, so many people have read this book and I really want to pick it up now so I probably will soon.


So, that’s all for the Top Ten Tuesday! I hope you enjoyed it and I will see you all soon with my Most Anticipated New Releases of Winter/Spring 2016! And a book review as well! Love you all! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment