Thursday 9 June 2016

MAY WRAP-UP!

So, it's the end of the month and that means another wrap-up! I read a total of nine books this month which isn't too bad considering how much other stuff I have that takes up my life such as school and homework and projects. I have had a lot of school-work piling up from my classes because it is almost the end of the year. Now, without further ado, let's get on to the wrap-up.



PHYSICAL BOOKS




The first physical book I read was The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. I adored this book because it has had a wonderful plot, great characters and just the right amount of romance. I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a fantasy series with no magic.  I did do a full book review on this book so I shall post the link at the end of this post. I rated this book 5 out of 5 Crowns.

The second book I read was A Thousand Salt Kisses by Josie Demuth. I got this book from NetGalley in exchange for a review. I never did a review because I was super busy but I plan on writing it as soon as school is over which is in about two weeks. I really enjoyed this book. It was originally posted on Wattpad and I read it there but it was changed a bit and I loved the final version. I rated this book 4 out of 5 Crowns. 




The third physical book I read was The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker. I really enjoyed this book even though it started out super super slow. I plan on doing a full book review, later this month. I rated this book 5 out of 5 Crowns.

The fourth physical book I read was Landry Park by Bethany Hagan. I loved this book, a lot. My sister recommended it to me and I actually did a full review of this. I rated this book 5 out of 5 Crowns.




The fifth physical book I read was Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I loved this book so much more than I thought I would. The characters are amazing and I loved the plot and settings. I rated this 5 out of 5 Crowns. I also did a full review on this book and will link it at the bottom of this post. 

The sixth book I read was The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan. This is the first book in his new series and it was so great. I plan on doing a review soon but I am struggling to catch up on reviews at the minute. I rated this book 5 out of 5 Crowns. 




The seventh book I read was Starling by Lesley Livingston. I really enjoyed this book. It has so much mythology in it which I love. I also really enjoyed the aspect of her being a fencer which added a ton to the book. The characters were complex and I adored it. I will be putting up a full review later this month. I rated this book 5 out of 5 Crowns as well. 

The eighth book I read was The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy. I really enjoyed this book, even though I didn't think I would because it was an overhyped book. I tend to have mixed opinions on overhyped books, sometimes I like them and sometimes I absolutely hate them. This was one that I liked. I saw the movie the night, I finished the book ad will be doing a book v. movie comparison as soon as I can. I rated this book 5 Crowns and will be posting the full review later this week. 

The last book I read this month was The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West. I had my eye on this book for a while so when I saw it on the shelf at my library, I checked it out and read it. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I thought she was going to be exactly like one of those Queen Bee characters you read about in other contemporaries or see on TV shows. But I was pleasantly surprised and ended up rating it 5 Crowns. 



And that is it for my wrap-up! I have come up with my TBR for June and am already well on my way to completing it. I've read two books and half a book so far. 


No comments:

Post a Comment