Tuesday 26 December 2017

Top Ten of 2017: Best Books and Covers of 2017!


The end of the year is fast approaching so it is time to discuss favorites of this year. 

I am participating in Top 10 of 2017 which is hosted by @Fiktshun. This is a week-long event and I am combining yesterday's and today's topic. 

Yesterday's was your top 10 books of 2017 and today's is top 10 covers of 2017!

These are in no particular order. I am just listing out the ten books for each category. I loved all of these books and they were all five star ratings for me.

TOP TEN (+1) BOOKS OF 2017!

#1: Heartless by Marissa Meyer



Marissa Meyer is one of my favorite YA authors so it should come as no surprise that this book is on this list. I loved Heartless as it gave a clear new view into the Queen of Hearts past and it was full of food from beginning to end. 

[Not released in 2017]


#2: The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud


I had seen this book so many times in the bookstore and online and never thought to pick it up. This year, I decided to devour almost the entire series and I was not disappointed. The Screaming Staircase reminded me a bit of the Percy Jackson books as it is full of humor and fun despite also managing to be serious at times. 

[Not released in 2017]


#3: Hunted by Meagan Spooner


Beauty and the Beast retellings are some of my favorite fairytale retellings of all time. This one is much darker and more realistic than other ones and I loved it!

[Released in 2017]

#4: Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


Illuminae was such an interesting and unique book. I loved how it was written and I loved the plot and characters. The stakes were high throughout this book and sometimes I forgot to breathe because of how intense it was. 


[Not released in 2017]

#5: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern


  I read The Night Circus for a school project and I loved it so much! The plot is so unique and the atmosphere is eerie and magical. 


[Not released in 2017]


#6: Joyride by Anna Banks


Joyride is the one Contemporary book on this list and yes, I am surprised too. I listened to this one as an audiobook and I loved it. The characters are so three dimensional and I loved the storyline and representation. 


[Not released in 2017]


#7: Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman


Legacy of Kings is a historical fiction YA novel all about Alexander the Great. Most of the characters and the plot were original though some characters were borrowed from history.


[Not released in 2017]

#8: An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson





Fae is one of the words I look for when I pick out a book. An Enchantment of Ravens is a book about a world where fae and humans acknowledge and live amongst each other. The main character, Isobel, is an artist and she paints fae in exchange for something. One day, she paints Rook, the autumn prince, but considering she gives him a human weakness, he wants to try her. This is one of the best faerie books that I have read so far. 

[Released in 2017]

#9: The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black


Oh look! It's another fae book. This was my first Holly Black book and it did not disappoint. After, so many people loving her books, I decided to try one out for myself and I really enjoyed it. 


[Not released in 2017]

#10: Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman


YA books about the wild west are few and far between and I have found one that I adore. Erin Bowman wrote a book with a great setting and characters who fight for themselves. 


[Not released in 2017]


#11: Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones



I just recently read this one and I loved it. It has music, a goblin king, and Persephone/Hades vibes. It's very unique and I highly recommend it. 

[Released in 2017]


TOP TEN COVERS OF 2017!


#1: Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones



#2: An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson


#3: Glitter by Aprilynne Pike



#4: The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee



#5: Little Black Dresses, Little White Lies by Laura Stampler



#6: A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi


#7: Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia



#8: Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas



#9: The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert



#10: Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman


And that is all for today's post. I'll see you all tomorrow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment