Thursday 4 January 2018

2017 Movies!

Hey guys! Happy New Year!  I can not believe that it is already 2018!

I decided to have this post be sharing all the movies I watched in 2017 [only 2017 releases] + my ratings and then I will show you my favorite(s).  I really didn't see very many movies this year, so this post should be pretty short.

Let's get into it. 

MOVIES





1.  La La Land ~ 5 Crowns

This movie actually released on December 16, 2016 but it released in most countries in 2017 so I'm counting it here.  I really enjoyed it! It's a musical set in Lost Angeles and its beautiful, romantic and bittersweet. The songs are all great and I listen to them all the time. 

2.  Beauty and the Beast ~ 5 Crowns

This was released on March 17, 2017. I love Disney movies and I had been anticipating this ever since they announced it and the cast. The cast is amazing. They can all sing beautifully. It is a little different from the original animated version but this one was still amazing and I actually liked it a little better than the animated one.

3. Power Rangers ~ 4 Crowns

This was released on March 22, 2017. Fun fact: I have never seen a Power Rangers movie or TV show before I saw this movie. I ended up really enjoying this movie. It was very funny and the cast/characters were so diverse. 

4. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 ~ 5 Crowns

This was released on April 19, 2017. The Guardians of the Galaxy movies are now some of my favorite Marvel movies. They are so funny and original. The soundtrack is amazing and all the songs are from the 70s and 80s. 

5. Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales ~ 4 Crowns

This was released on May 26, 2017. I have to say that I prefer the original three Pirates of the Caribbean movies as they were a lot more fun and I liked the characters more. I still enjoyed the couple of new characters we got and I really liked seeing Keira Knightley again [even if it was only for a couple of minutes].

6. Wonder Woman ~ 5 Crowns

This was released on June 2, 2017. This movie was so empowering and I loved the message it brought. Wonder Woman made 

7. Disney Descendants 2 ~ 4.5 Crowns

This was released on July 21, 2017 on the Disney channel. I watched this on TV as it also aired on ABC. I loved the first movie because it was so much fun and we got to see the villain's kids. I really like all the characters and how we got to see more of their thoughts and feelings in this film. I highly recommend these movies. 

8. Spiderman Homecoming ~ 4 Crowns

This was released on June 28, 2017 but I ended up watching it on Netflix after it came out since I didn't have time to see it in theaters. I love Marvel movies and I had never seen a Spider-Man movie before this one. I really enjoyed it. It was funny and emotional and those emotions were balanced really well. Also Tom Holland is an amazing Spider-Man.

9. Star Wars The Last Jedi ~ 5 Crowns

This was released on December 14, 2017. I LOVED this movie so much. It completely blew The Force Awakens out of the water. While The Force Awakens seemed very similar to A New Hope, The Last Jedi didn't have very many similarities to the original trilogy and was completely original. 


AND NOW FOR MY FAVORITE OF THE YEAR:

DRUM ROLL...

  



BEAUTY AND THE BEAST  + STAR WARS THE LAST JEDI

I loved both of these movies equally. I loved the characters, cast, story and music in Beauty and the Beast but I love Star Wars so much as well. 

I will see you all soon for a post about 2018 movies.


No comments:

Post a Comment