Saturday 12 January 2019

2018 Movies!

Hey guys! Happy New Year!  It's 2019, which is crazy!

I decided to have this post be sharing all the movies I watched in 2018 [only 2018 releases] + my ratings and then I will show you my favorite(s).  I didn't see very many movies this year, so this post should be pretty short.

Let's get into it. 

MOVIES






1.  The Greatest Showman ~ 5 Crowns

This movie actually released on December 8, 2017 but it released in most countries in 2018 so I'm counting it here.  I loved this so much! It's kind of fitting how in both 2017 and 2018, I started it off with a musical. I love the soundtrack, the characters and the plot. It is a beautiful movie and everyone should watch it. I have practically every song memorized by now. 

2.  Black Panther ~ 4.5 Crowns

This was released on February 16, 2018. I really enjoyed this movie. I loved getting to know a whole new superhero who became part of the Marvel movie universe in Captain America Civil War. I loved seeing new characters and settings. 

3. A Wrinkle in Time ~ 3 Crowns

This was released on February 26, 2018, though I saw it in the summer. I thought this was pretty good. I loved the visuals a lot, though quite a bit was changed from the book which was a little disappointing. I did like how the actors portrayed their characters though. 

4. Love, Simon ~ 5 Crowns 

This was released on March 16, 2018. I loved this movie so much and I'm surprised I didn't go see it multiple times. I really liked how great of a book-to-movie adaptation this was. I thought it was done really well. All the actors portrayed their characters beautifully and the book plot was translated to the screen really well. 

5. Ready Player One ~ 3 Crowns

This was released on March 29, 2018. I also saw this in the summer after it came out on DVD. I enjoyed this one more than the book. I thought it was executed pretty well and I liked how they managed to throw in so many of the references from the book.

6. Avengers Infinity War ~ 4.5 Crowns

This was released on April 27, 2018. I really enjoyed this even though it made me really sad. I liked how we finally got to see almost all the Avengers in one movie even though they weren't all together. 

7. Solo: A Star Wars Story ~ 4.5 Crowns

This was released on May 10, 2018. I didn't really know what to expect from this movie as of course it is a prequel to the Star Wars original trilogy but I ended up seeing it and really enjoying it. I loved how much of Han Solo's backstory that we got in this and how interesting all the new places and characters were. 

8. Ant-Man and the Wasp ~ 4.5 Crowns

This was released on July 6, 2018. I only watched the first Ant-Man movie in 2018 because the sequel was coming out. I really like these movies as they're funny and different from the rest of the Marvel movies. 

9. Christopher Robin ~ 4.5 Crowns

This was released on August 3, 2018. I loved this movie so much! I was hesitant to watch this at first because I wasn't sure if it would be as sad as people had said Goodbye Christopher Robin was. Luckily, a friend of mine watched it and loved it so I went to see it. I did a full review of this on my blog and you can find it here.

10. To All the Boys I've Loved Before ~ 5 Crowns

This was released on August 17, 2018. I loved this movie so much and I've seen it several times. I love how well they adapted the book into a film and the casting is amazing as well. I highly recommend this movie on Netflix if you haven't seen it already. 

11. Fantastic Beasts The Crimes of Grindelwald ~ 4.5 Crowns

This was released on November 16, 2018. This movie has gotten so many mixed reviews but I was one of the ones who really enjoyed it. I liked how Newt Scamander's story progressed with this movie, however, I didn't like how some of the plot points in Harry Potter were changed for this movie as it made it very confusing. 

AND MY FAVORITE(S) OF THE YEAR WERE: 



THE GREATEST SHOWMAN AND TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE

I loved both of these movies a lot. The Greatest Showman was such a good new musical and I am so happy that musicals are coming back! To All the Boys I've Loved Before was my other absolute favorite of the year. I loved how well Netflix adapted this book into a movie and everything was done well. Lana Condor perfectly embodied Lara Jean and Noah Centineo was amazing as Peter Kavinsky. 


I will see you all soon with a post about my anticipated 2019 movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment