Tuesday 26 April 2016

AUTHOR-A-THON WRAP-UP!

Hello all!

As I mentioned before, I participated in a Read-A-Thon that ran from April 18-April 24. I have been in a kind of reading slump this month so I thought this would help me get more reading done. I didn't get as many books done as I had hoped but I did read some. 

The challenges were: 


1- Read a book by one of your favorite authors
2- Read a new-to-you author
3- Give an author a second chance
4- Read a debut author (2015 or 2016)
5- Read a book written by more than one author
6- Read a book from an author who is from a different continent than you are

I completed the high-lighted challenges. I am pretty proud of myself for even getting three books done and two others started because I am usually struggling to find time to read. 



Read a new-to-you author: Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. 

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book! It was amazing. I couldn't put it down. It had magic, and battles and so much good stuff. I will put a book review up soon so that will be coming soon!



Give an author a second chance: Between the Spark and the Burn by April Genevieve Tucholke. 

I liked this book a whole lot more than the first one but it still only rated four crowns because it still scared me a lot. 


Read a book from an author who is from a different continent than you are: The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas

I really enjoyed this book. It was amazing! I love this series so much and you should all go check it out if you haven't already. 

I also started reading The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, and The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker. And yes, I am re-reading The Lightning Thief. I haven't gotten very far in either of these which is sad so I am going to be trying to finish them this week and if not, one will go on next month's TBR which I am already planning out. 

Questions: 

Total Pages Read: 1, 146
Total Books Read: 3
If this is done again, will you participate: Yes! This was a lot of fun and I am excited to do something like this in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment