Thursday 30 June 2016

JUNE WRAP-UP!

So, it's the end of the month and that means another wrap-up! I read a total of ten books this month which isn't too bad considering I had a ton of projects, exams and tests earlier this month. I am one and a half weeks into summer vacation and I'm already bored and starting to slow on updating my blog and reading which sucks. I'm also going to California next week so there will probably be no blogging for a month which also sucks. Now, without further ado, let's get on to the wrap-up.



PHYSICAL BOOKS





The first physical book I read was Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. This book was so sad but so beautiful and I read it while I was still in school. I adored the book and the characters and I became so attached to it.  I rated this book 5 out of 5 Crowns. I did a full book review of this book which I shall put at the bottom of this post.

The second book I read was Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. This was the second book in the Shatter Me trilogy and it was amazing. It had all I wanted in a sequel. I did change who I shipped with Juliette which was a little weird but I adored it. I rated the book 5 out of 5 Crowns.





The third physical book I read was The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey. I enjoyed this book as much as the first book. I rated this book 5 out of 5 Crowns.  I also did a full book review on this which I will put at the bottom of this post. 

The fourth physical book I read was Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I enjoyed this book so much. It was an amazing second book in the Lux series. I loved the characters so much and I rated this book 5 out of 5 Crowns. I also did a full book review on this which I will put at the bottom of this post. 





The fifth physical book I read was Crossing the Line by Meghan Rogers. This book was a lot better than I expected. It is basically a female James Bond and it was so good. I rated this book 5 out of 5 Crowns.

The sixth book I read was Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter. This book was really good and I ended up rating it 4 out of 5 Crowns. 





The seventh book I read was The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye. I had heard horrible things about this book but I have had my eye on this book since the beginning of this year and I was not disappointed or fazed by other's opinions at all. This book turned out to be really enjoyable and I rated it 4 out of 5 Crowns. I am currently writing this review and should be up by tomorrow. 


The eighth book I read was The Chosen Prince by Diane Stanley. This was a Middle Grade and it disappointed me a bit. It confused me and it just wasn't as great as I expected. I only rated this 3 out of 5 Crowns. 



The ninth book I read this month was The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi. This exceeded all my expectations and was an amazing Fantasy/Mythology read. I adored the characters and the world and seriously the villain was amazingly done. I rated this 5 out of 5 Crowns. 


The last book I read this month was The Stolen Chapters by James Riley. Okay, so I read the first one a while back and I loved the book a lot. It was hilarious and just a good getaway. This one disappointed me a little. I did end up rating it 4 out of 5 Crowns but I had hoped to rate it higher. It confused me a lot and seemed to jump around a ton which really annoyed me. I will read some of his other books and see what they are like though.  Nevertheless, I could purchase this anyways and give it a second try.

And that is it for my wrap-up! I have come up with my TBR for July and am excited to share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment