Thursday 2 June 2016

Top 5 Wednesday | Book Theme Songs

  TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY IS A WEEKLY MEME HOSTED BY SAM. YOU BASICALLY GET A NEW TOPIC EVERY WEDNESDAY, AND YOU LIST YOUR TOP 5 BOOKS RELATED TO THAT TOPIC. HEAD OVER TO THE GOODREADS GROUP, AND ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST OF WEDNESDAY-ERS IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING!
Today’s topic is “Theme Songs for Books,” and it’s basically a way to showcase some music that reminds you of a book or a certain character. I love this topic so much as I often think of songs that go with a certain book and now I have an excuse to share it with you. I don't usually listen to music while I read because I feel like it distracts me from the plot and characters in the book but I love music and thinking of what book a song would relate to.

5. Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi




Toxic by Britney Spears: “I'm addicted to you. Don't you know that you're toxic?"
Juliette is literally toxic. She can't touch anyone without killing them except for a select few. This song is normally about the guy but in this scenario, I think it works fine, the other way around. I also really like this song. It is catchy and perfectly fits with this book and Juliette. 

 4. Splintered by A.G. Howard





Alice by Avril Lavigne: “I found myself in Wonderland. Get back on my feet, on the ground. Is this real? Is this pretend?"
This is a pretty obvious choice for this book or rather this series as it is basically describing Alice from Alice in Wonderland. 

3. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes 



Castle by Halsey: “I'm heading straight for the castle. They wanna make me their queen."
This really works for this book because so many people are trying to get the kingdom. I also really like this song and it fits a lot of books.

2. Red queen by victoria aveyard 








The Devil Within by Digital Daggers: "I will be here when you think you're all alone."
Seven Devils by Florence and the Machine: "Holy water cannot help you now. See I've come to burn your kingdom down."
Back These two songs really work for this book. There is betrayal, conspiracy and blood in this book. I feel like these two songs really represent it as well as the lyrics that I have put here. I also really like these songs. Believe it or not, I don't just listen to Taylor Swift and Halsey. 

1. The Scorch by Shelby Merry





The Scorchu by Shelby Merry: “It was a rust belt of dust and ash. The cities stood like tombs of the world that has passed." 

Can you guess why I picked this song for this book? 
No?
Well, I'll tell you then.  This song literally is called The Scorch and it immediately reminded me of The Scorch Trials. The lyrics actually really work for the book/movie as well. And I found a new song to listen to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment