Friday 26 August 2016

Birthday Haul '16

It is that time of the year. My birthday was this month and I got a lot of books and other goodies for my birthday. I have slowed down on buying books in the last three months which is why there haven't been any book hauls. Basically, I have told myself that I can buy three a month because I have so many books and I am running out of space. I need to clear out my shelves but I don't know what to get rid of... 

I got most of these gifts from my parents and sister but I also got some money from my grandparents and I spent it on movies and books. I did get some other gifts from friends but I am not featuring them in this post as it would go on forever. 

Anyways, let's jump right into this haul. 





BOOKS


 



1. A Daughter of No Nation by A.M. Dellamonica

I have had this book on my Goodreads To Read list for a year now and I finally asked for it. I believe it has something to do with pirates and I am always down for some pirate lore. 

2. The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson

I have already read this book as I got an ARC from NetGalley but I loved this book so so much so naturally I asked for this for my birthday and it will look so pretty on my shelf when I finally reorganize. 

3. Winter by Marissa Meyer

This is part of my favorite series so naturally I wanted it. But now all my books don't match. 

4. The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May

I loved this book so so much. I already owned the first one so now I have both. I am complete. 

5. Air Awakens by Elise Kova

I have been looking for this book at a good price for the longest time. Finally I decided to request it for my birthday because then I wouldn't be paying for it and I would probably receive it. 

6. A Book of Spirits and Thieves by Morgan Rhodes

This is the spin-off series to Falling Kingdoms. I adore the Falling Kingdoms series so I wanted to try this series out as well. 

7. The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey

The Girl at Midnight was such a good YA book that I wanted the second one. And I adore the cover. I believe it is the UK cover. 


GRAPHIC NOVELS


 

1. The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan

When I found out that this graphic novel was out, I knew I had to have it. I have started to collect graphic novels and since I love Rick Riordan, this was a must need.

2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

I saw this on the Barnes and Noble website for cheaper than in the store so I bought it with some money I received for my birthday. 



MOVIES



1. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

I actually really enjoyed this movie so I asked for it for my birthday!

2. Zootopia

This is my new favorite Disney movie. I first saw it this summer and now I am obsessed so I got it with some money I got for my birthday. 

3. Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones

I've been wanting this movie for a year or so. I have the original trilogy and The Force Awakens but this is the first of the prequel trilogy that I own. 



POP VINYL DOLLS

  

1. Scarlet Witch from Avengers Age of Ultron

I love POP dolls. Scarlet Witch is so adorable and she is one of my favorite Superheros so I asked for this one as well. 

2. Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

I technically didn't get this for my birthday but Elizabeth is so cute. I adore her outfit and hairdo.


 FRAGRANCES




1. Lucious Peony Fragrance

This fragrance smells really nice and I got it from my sister. 

2. Lilies and Freesia Fragrance

I also got this fragrance from my sister and I love the smell so much.  




That is it for this blogpost. I'll see you all soon! 

1 comment: