Sunday 25 December 2016

#Blogmas Days 23 + 24: 2016 Movies


Hey guys. 

I was trying to figure out what to do for a quick, easy post and I came up with sharing the movies that I saw in 2016 [only 2016 releases] + my ratings and then I will show you my favorite. 

Let's get into it. [Plus, gonna be listening to Christmas music for the next month]

MOVIES







1.  The 5th Wave ~ 4 Crowns

This released on January 22, 2016. I saw this when it came out on DVD cause I didn't have time in January. It was pretty good, though a lot was left out from the book. I did a full comparison. 

2. Sherlock The Abominable Bride ~ 5 Crowns

This was released on January 1, 2016. I am a big Sherlock fan so I really enjoyed this one. 

3. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies ~ 5 Crowns

This was released on February 4, 2016. I loved this film. I did not expect it to be as good as it was but it really exceeded my expectations and I did a full non-spoiler review. 

4. Zootopia ~ 5 Crowns

This was released on March 4, 2016. I saw this over the summer and it was so cute and I loved it so much. It was a new favorite Disney movie of mine, obviously. And it dealt with important themes. id did a full non-spoiler review. 

5. Batman v. Superman Dawn of Justice ~ 3 Crowns

This was released on March 20, 2016. I saw this with my best friend when it came out, and we were disappointed which is sad to say because I adore DC TV Shows but the movies are not as good as I wish they were. It was still okay and there were moments that were good but I wish it had been better. [But Gal Gadot slayed as Wonder Woman]

6. The Jungle Book ~ 4 Crowns

This was released on April 4, 2016. I actually enjoyed this movie more than I thought I would. I saw it in California the day before going to Disneyland and it was actually pretty good. Yeah, it was scary for a Disney movie but it was done well. #Impressed. 

7. The Huntsman Winter's War ~ 4 Crowns

This was released on April 7, 2016. I enjoyed this one. The first movie was okay but this one was pretty badass. I'm just saying. And I did see this one in the movie theater. I didn't do a review [sorry] but I would probably see this one again. 

8. Captain America Civil War ~ 4.5 Crowns

This was released on May 6, 2016. I love Marvel movies and since this Captain America, had basically all the Avengers in it, I was down. Plus we got to see cool new characters like Tom Holland's Spiderman and Chadwick Boseman's Black Panther. 

9. Alice through the Looking Glass ~ 5 Crowns

This was released on May 27, 2016. I love Alice. Alice in Wonderland is a favorite fairytale of mine and this movie was so wonderfully mad. I highly recommend it though I wish the ending had been less bittersweet. 

10. Me Before You ~ 5 Crowns

This was released on May 23, 2016. Oh my heart. I adored this movie. It would have been my favorite of 2016 but something else topped it. It was so beautiful and sad and I cried but I adored it.

11. Star Trek Beyond ~ 5 Crowns

This was released on  July 22, 2016. I love Star Trek and Chris Pine and the franchise. I am so proud of this movie though it was not my fave of the year. But I did buy it for myself and now it sits proudly on my shelf. 

12. Doctor Strange ~ 4.5 Crowns

This was released on October 20, 2016. I really enjoyed this movie plus it had Benedict Cumberbatch and was pretty funny. 

13. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them ~ 5 Crowns

This was released on November 8, 2016. I LOVE Harry Potter, so I obviously was so so excited for this movie. I am also so happy with the turnout of this movie. It was so good. 

14. Rogue One ~ 4 Crowns

This was released on December 16, 2016. I hated this when I first came out of the theater but I have given myself time to recover and now I realize how good it really was. Plus Cassian is like my favorite. <3  It did make me really sad but it was amazing as well. 


AND NOW FOR MY FAVORITE OF THE YEAR....

DRUM ROLL PLEASE....




FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM!!!




MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

And that is it for this blogpost. I will see you all again soon! 







1 comment: