Tuesday 10 January 2017

WINTER 2017 MOST ANTICIPATED BOOKS!

Hey guys. 

Another most anticipated list because the wrap up to 2016 posts just go on for eternity. These are the books that I am so so excited for during the months of January and February of 2017. These are the books that I am most excited for. There are more that I will probably read. 

Let's get into it. 

JANUARY BOOK RELEASES


    





1.  The Continent by Keira Drake ~ January 3, 2017

I don't know much about this but there was apparently a lot of controversy surrounding it last year so they edited it some and moved the release date to this year. From what I gather, it's about a girl who receives a once in a lifetime chance on her birthday to go to a place called the continent. This is a cold place where two nations are at war. Citizens tour the continent to see the spectacle as in the Spire [where they live] there is no such thing as war anymore. And she wants to improve on her maps of the place. But her life changes and she is stranded there.  It sounds so interesting and I will pick it up even though people have said awful things about it. 

2. The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova ~ January 10, 2017

I'm not really familiar with this book at all but it looks so interesting that I will be picking it up nonetheless. It's about a girl whose life changed when the Dragon King took the throne and she wants revenge. I'm not quite sure but I am excited. First I have to read the Air Awakens books. 

3. RoseBlood by A.G. Howard ~ January 10, 2017

This is a Phantom of the Opera retelling and I AM READY! It's about a girl named Rune who has a mistake to hide and her mom sends her to a French arts conservatory in an opera house for her senior year. It apparently is connected to the Phantom of the Opera. She befriends a masked violinist named Thorn and ugh I am ready. It sounds so good. Plus I love A.G. Howard's books so far. 

4. Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth ~ January 17, 2017

I never finished the Divergent trilogy but I have hope for this book. I have heard both bad and good things but I will keep an open mind and read it. This is set in space and sounds like it has a lot of political stuff. 

5. Caraval by Stephanie Garber ~ January 31, 2017

I have heard nothing but good things and I want to read it. There are two sisters who enter a dangerous game. People have said fantastic things about it. 

6. Wires and Nerve Volume 1 by Marissa Meyer ~ January 31, 2017

The Lunar Chronicles are some of my favorite books of all time and this is the first graphic novel about Iko and everyone else will be in it and the pictures and I am so ready. Finally I can see how the author thinks the characters look like. 


FEBRUARY BOOK RELEASES

 




1.  The Burning World by Isaac Marion ~ February 7, 2017

This is the sequel to Warm Bodies which I own and have never read. Yay me. But honestly, I am excited for this because I know that when I finish the first book I will be able to read the second. 

2. To Catch a Killer by Sheryl Scarborough ~ February 7, 2017

This is a Contemporary Thriller about a girl whose mother was murdered so she was taken in by a friend's family. This was a long time ago and now she finds another body and is wrapped up in the mystery and soon people are pointing fingers at her and it sounds so interesting and creepy. I'm ready. 

3. King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard ~ February 7, 2017

This will be an auto buy for me because I need this book. It sounds so intriguing. Mare is captured by Maven and is powerless and her rebels are plotting without her and I am ready for this. [kinda but more Maven = happy heart for me]

4. The Last of August by Brittany Cavalaro ~ February 14, 2017

This is the sequel to A Study in Charlotte and I did not read that one yet but I will get to it within the next couple of months. I am excited for this one because Sherlock Holmes. 

5. The Valiant by Lesley Livingston ~ February 14, 2017

This is about a female gladiator which is something I've never seen before. Lesley Livingston is such a good author and I am ready for this because gladiators and history and female empowerment. I'm ready. 

6. Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller ~ February 28, 2017

Pirate books are something that I never see. I literally only have like five pirate books on my shelves which is sad. But this is about, a seventeen year old female pirate captain. I am ready [I keep repeating that. Whoops]

7. Lifeblood by Gena Showalter ~ February 28, 2016

This is the sequel to Firstlife which ended on a massive cliffhanger and I read it last year. I need this book. It continues and she's gonna be in the afterlife which will be interesting. 

8. Wanted by Betsy Schow ~ February 7, 2016

I actually got an eArc of this and I am currently reading it. I loved the first book which was a retelling of the Wizard of Oz and I read it so long ago that I can't remember anything but I am still enjoying this one. The sass is so real in this. 


That is it for this blogpost. It took a lot longer than I thought it would. I'll see you in a little bit with a book review. 



2 comments:

  1. I definitely need to check out Wanted by Betsy Schow, had a good laugh in Spelled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. Wanted is pretty good so far though I am a little confused as it's been awhile since I read Spelled.

      Delete