Saturday 3 March 2018

FEBRUARY '18 WRAP-UP



So, it's the end of the month and that means another wrap-up!

Phew! Another month has gone by and another wrap-up has been written. It's crazy how fast 2018 is moving already!

February was a difficult month as I had a lot of stuff to do and I also got sick halfway through. But, I enjoyed watching the Pyeongchang Olympics which were so much fun. I never knew I would be so into the halfpipe until this year. Some of the U.S. athletes were so funny this year.

I have also started planning out another part of Camelot Anew (one of my WIPs) as well as started planning out a sci-fi WIP. I am so excited to write both of these. I also did quite a bit of reading despite the Olympics and being bogged down in homework.

Join my book club: here.

 Anyways...

Time to talk about the books I read this month.


PHYSICAL BOOKS




The first physical book I read was Love, Life and the List by Kasie West. I really enjoyed this one despite many people not enjoying it. I thought it was a cute quick read. I really liked the plot and I liked how she was an artist which was something that I haven't seen much of in YA books. I rated this one 4 Crowns. 

The second physical book I read was Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I decided to read this one because the movie adaptation comes out in March and I really want to see it. I also really liked this one. I found all the characters funny and I thought the plot was cute. I rated this one 5 Crowns. 

The third physical book I read was Meet Cute by Various Authors. I enjoyed most of these stories. They were all cute first meetings of people that were a little bit unrealistic but adorable nonetheless. Overall, I rated this book 4 Crowns.





The fourth physical book I read was Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller. I've read so many mixed reviews about this book that I was really unsure about whether I should start it but since I've had it on my shelf for about a year, I decided that it was time to read it. I ended up loving it which I should have expected because I love pirates. I rated it 5 Crowns. 

The fifth physical book I read was The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell. This was a huge intimidating book but I ended up reading it rather quickly as it was intriguing. I loved the plot and the characters. Also, Harte and Esta are so cute. I need more. I rated it 5 Crowns as well.




The sixth physical book I read was Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon. I have had this book sitting on my shelf for a long time and I never read it even though my sister did. I finally decided to attempt to read it this month and I am so happy that I did. I enjoyed it a lot even though the plot was a little awkward sometimes. I rated it 4 Crowns. 

The seventh physical book I read was The Edge of the Abyss by Emily Skrutskie. I loved the first book so much and this was just as action-packed and it totally kept me interested throughout the whole thing. I love Cas and Swift so much and I am really hoping she decides to write a novella or something with them. I rated this one 5 Crowns. 


AUDIOBOOKS READ

NONE


ARC'S READ



The first and only ARC I read was Emily Windsnap and the Falls of Forgotten Island by Lisa Kessler. I loved the Emily Windsnap books when I was younger and I naturally had to request this one. I really enjoyed it as it had all the elements of the previous books and was just a lot of fun. I also wrote a full review of it which you can find on my blog and coming in my March wrap-up. I rated it 4 Crowns. 


REVIEWS IN JANUARY: 

NONE


MUSIC MONDAY:

NONE

TOP TEN TUESDAY: 

NONE

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: 

NONE


WEEKLY WRAP-UP:





DISCUSSIONS/OTHER:



FAVORITE COVER OF THE MONTH:



NEW FICTIONAL BAE'S: 

Cooper from Love, Life and the List by Kasie West

Riden from Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller

Harte from The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell


NEW FAVORITE FEMALES:

Alosa from Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller

Esta from The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell


NEW FAVORITE BOOK RELATIONSHIPS: 

Alosa and Riden from Daughter of the Pirate King 

Esta and Harte from The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell

Swift and Cas from The Edge of the Abyss by Emily Skrutskie 

TV SHOWS I WATCHED THIS MONTH:





MOVIES I WATCHED THIS MONTH:




WHAT BOOKS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:





NEW BLOG FINDS

NONE

SONGS ON REPEAT

The Greatest Showman Soundtrack - Musical

Bloodstream - Transviolet

That Man - Caro Emerald

Heaven - Julia Michaels

Curious - Hayley Kiyoko

High Heels - JoJo

Capital Letters - Hailee Steinfeld and Bloodpop

Why So Sad - Halocene

The Middle - Zedd, Maren Morris and Grey

Oh No! - Ali Bruofski


 BOOKS I WANT TO READ NEXT MONTH




The graphics at the top belong to me. The background pictures for them, however do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment