Saturday 26 May 2018

APRIL '18 WRAP-UP



So, it's the end of the month and that means another wrap-up!

We're already in May so sorry that this is so late.  April was the end of Spring Break as well as my music trip to New Orleans which was so much fun (minus the 26 hour bus ride back. Yikes!). I also was starting to prepare for my exams which were not fun.

This month I didn't read too many books but I did watch a little TV. I also saw Avengers Infinity War in theaters and it was so good but also really sad and I am still debating doing a review so stay tuned.

Join my book club: here.

 Anyways...

Time to talk about the books I read this month.


PHYSICAL BOOKS


 

The first physical book I read was The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orcey. A couple of years ago, I read a book that was a retelling of this and I didn't know the original story. I really liked this book even though it was a little hard to get into it due to it being slow in the beginning. I rated it 4 Crowns. 

The second physical book I read was The Traitor's Game by Jennifer A. Nielsen. I went into this book knowing nothing but I came out of it very surprised and pleased. I really liked Kestra's strength as a character as well as the plot. I ended up rating this 4 Crowns. 

The third physical book I read was Honor Among Thieves by Rachel Caine and Ann Aguirre. I went into this book expecting something totally different than what I actually read. I ended up enjoying the world and the characters and it worked really well with no romance. 




The fourth physical book I read was Blood of a Thousand Stars by Rhoda Belleza. This is the sequel to Empress of a Thousand Skies and although I didn't remember much about the first book when I started, it all came back. I am satisfied with the conclusion of this series (or what I expect is the conclusion) and I loved it and rated it 4 Crowns. 

The fifth physical book I read wasn't even a book, it was a play by William Shakespeare called Hamlet. I had to read this for my AP Lit class but I put it towards my reading goal. I liked this play a lot and I found it really funny despite being a clear Tragedy. I actually rated this one 4 Crowns. 


AUDIOBOOKS READ

NONE

ARC'S READ


The first ARC I read was Hullmetal Girls by Emily Skrutskie. This book is by the same author who wrote The Abyss Surrounds Us which I loved. This was totally different from that book as it was set in Space and the characters were basically upgraded humans (kind of like if humans could become robots). This was very family centered as well as saving the world centered. It releases on July 17, 2018 and I rated it 4 Crowns. 

The second ARC I read was Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young. This was practically a Viking story and I had so much fun reading it. I really liked the characters who are so strong and has lots important family relationships. I rated it 4 Crowns.  


REVIEWS IN MARCH: 

NONE


MUSIC MONDAY:

NONE

TOP TEN TUESDAY: 

NONE

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: 

NONE


WEEKLY WRAP-UP:

NONE


DISCUSSIONS/OTHER:

NONE


FAVORITE COVER OF THE MONTH:




NEW FICTIONAL BAE'S: 

Simon from The Traitor's Game by Jennifer A. Nielsen

Fiske from Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young 


NEW FAVORITE FEMALES:

Kestra from The Traitor's Game by Jennifer A. Nielsen

Eelyn from Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young


NEW FAVORITE BOOK RELATIONSHIPS: 

Simon and Kestra from The Traitor's Game by Jennifer A. Nielsen

Eelyn and Fiske from Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young 


TV SHOWS I WATCHED THIS MONTH:





MOVIES I WATCHED THIS MONTH:



WHAT BOOKS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:


 



NEW BLOG FINDS

NONE

SONGS ON REPEAT

The Greatest Showman Soundtrack - Musical

Bloodstream - Transviolet

That Man - Caro Emerald

Heaven - Julia Michaels

High Heels - JoJo

Why So Sad - Halocene

No Excuses - Meghan Trainor

Monster - Frozen Broadway Musical


 BOOKS I WANT TO READ NEXT MONTH




The graphics at the top belong to me. The background pictures for them, however do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment