Saturday 8 September 2018

Book Playlists - To All the Boys I've Loved Before


Hello everyone! It's September which means school is starting and I am a lot more busy than I was during the summer. That being said, I am starting a new series on this blog which is called: Book Playlists. I will do one every now and then when I find a book that I love and want to put songs to it.

The first book I am making a playlist for is To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han.


I Like Me Better
 Lauv


I love this song so much and it isn't just because it was used in the movie version of To All the Boys I've Loved Before. I think it captures Peter Kavinsky and Lara Jean's relationship perfectly. 

I especially think this line works for their relationship: "I knew from the first time, I'd stay for a long time 'cause I like me better when. I like me better when I'm with you." 


Lovers 
Anna of the North



This song was used in the movie for the hot tub scene which I love. I also just love the tempo and the softness of this song. It's very unique and really works for their relationship.

Line I love: "Now I'm in the dark, show a little loving. Shine a little light on me."

Fearless
Taylor Swift


I've always loved this song and it really works for this book. It describes how Lara Jean changes when she gets into a relationship with Peter Kavinsky. She really comes into her own and gains courage.

Line I Love: "And I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and drag me head first. Fearless."

No Promises 
Demi Lovato and Cheat Codes


This song is not my favorite but it fits the book. Peter and Lara Jean's relationship is fake throughout most of the book so this song really makes sense. 

Line I Love: "Oh na na, just be careful, na na. Love ain't simple, na na. Promise me no promises." 


Baby One More Time
Britney Spears



I love this song so much! Also, it totally works for this book. It shows how much the two main characters come to like each other and respect each other.

Line I Love: "My loneliness is killing me (and I). I must confess I still believe (still believe). When I'm not with you, I lose my mind."


Is There Somewhere 
Halsey


This is a song that describes the complexity of their fake relationship and how they gain feelings for each other which is not the point of a fake relationship.

Line I Love: "I'm trying not to let it show, that I don't want to let this go. Is there somewhere you can meet me?"

Electric Love 
Borns



This song describes the relationship between Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky and I really like the lyrics and the song.

Line I Love: "Baby you're like lightning in a bottle. I can't let you go now that I got it. And all I need is to be struck by your electric love."

Roses
The Chainsmokers



Roses by The Chainsmokers is a song that is always on the radio and so many people know it. Including myself. I really enjoy it and think it fits the overall tone of the book.

Line I Love: "Say you'll never let me go."


Bathwater 
No Doubt


Bathwater is such a good song that I just discovered and it truly works for this book. I feel like it describes how Lara Jean feels about Peter Kavinsky picking her.

Line I Love: "So why do we choose the boys that are naughty? I don't fit in so why do you want me?"


Goodnight n Go
Ariana Grande


Goodnight n Go is one of my new favorite songs from Ariana. I feel like it fits the end of the book quite well (I'm not going to spoil it but it is bittersweet). 

Line I Love: "Why d'ya have to be so cute? It's impossible to ignore you. Must you make me laugh so much. It's bad enough we get along so well. Say goodnight and go." 


Be Okay 
Oh Honey



This is another song for Peter and Lara Jean. It is very cute and I like the melody. It also describes the two when they realize they like each other.

Line I Love: "Can't complain about much these days, I believe we'll be okay."


Out of the Woods 
Taylor Swift 



I love this song so much. It really describes Peter and Lara Jean when they are having a hard time with their relationship.

Line I Love: "Are we out of the woods yet?"


That's it for this blogpost. If you have any suggestions for the next book I should do, then let me know in the comments.  Also, if you have a song to add to this list, then write it in the comments. I'll be adding a Spotify link soon.

See you all soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment