Wednesday 2 January 2019

2018 Challenges and Goals Wrap-Up + 2019


Happy New Year!

I did a post like this last year with all the goals that I hoped to complete during 2018. This time, I'm going to include the challenges I want to complete or attempt.

But first, let's see how I did in 2018!



 2018 RECAP 

1. Read 80 Books: COMPLETE

YES! I did complete this goal! My Goodreads Challenge was set at 80 books and I ended up reading 103 books.

2. Edit Parts 1 and 2 of Camelot Anew: NOT COMPLETE

I did not end up completing this goal but I did start editing part 2 which means I half completed this goal.

3. Finish Writing One Novel: NOT COMPLETE

2018 was a very jam-packed year and I didn't end up finishing a novel but I have put in a lot of work towards it!

4. Plot Out my Whole Pirate Novel: NOT COMPLETE

My pirate novel is something I plan on focusing on when I finish Camelot Anew so I didn't finish this.

5. Reach 80% on NetGalley: COMPLETE

I did this! I reached 80% on NetGalley which has taken me so long to do. This has led me to get more books that I request.

6. Reread At Least Five Books: COMPLETE

I'm not sure how many books I reread but I did reread a lot this year. It is hard to reread books when I have so many on my TBR.

7. Try to Read 5-6 Books a Month: COMPLETE

I believe that for every month I ended up reading five or more books which is how I read a total of 103 books this month. I feel so accomplished!

8. Possibly Start a Bookstagram Account: COMPLETE

I did make a bookstagram account this year and it is adorable. I am going to do a whole post on bookstagram as soon as I can.

9. Write at Least One Book Review a Week: NOT COMPLETE

Book reviews are still hard for me and I really need to work on this. I did not end up writing a book review a week which I'm disappointed to say.

10. Try to Post At Least Twice a Week: NOT COMPLETE

2018 wasn't a good blogging year for me. While I did end up reading a lot, I didn't have time to write blogposts as they take a long time and I don't often have the motivation.


2019 BOOKISH AND WRITING GOALS 

1. Read 75 Books

I set my Goodreads challenge for this year lower than last year despite reading 103 books last year. I set it at 75 books because I'm in college and I haven't been reading as many books per month as I did last year.

2. Finish Writing Camelot Anew

I am determined to finish this goal in 2019, preferably by the end of the summer. I am almost 3/4 through writing the book.

3. Try to Post at Least Once a Week

I want to post something once a week on my blog that isn't a quick recap post. I have a lot of posts that I want to do in the coming year and I'm excited for them.

4. Read 5-6 Books a Month

I love to read so this shouldn't be hard but sometimes carving out even ten minutes to read is hard when you're busy in school and trying to complete the many assignments you have. I am going to try to read on average 5 books a month.

5. Write Two Book Reviews a Month

I feel like this is easier than writing one a week. I am hoping that I will actually stick to this.

6. Keep 80% on NetGalley

I reached 80% on NetGalley in 2018 so I am hoping I can keep it that way.


That's all the goals I have for 2019 and now onto the challenges.


CHALLENGES FOR 2019 

1. Goodreads Challenge
Hosted By: Goodreads

I pledged to read 75 books this year which I definitely think is possible.


2. Retellings Challenge 
Hosted By: Cornerfolds

I love retellings so much so I am excited to do this challenge. My goal for this year is Warrior Princess (6-10 retellings).

TBR for Next Year: The Case for Jamie, RoseBlood



3. Audiobook Challenge
Hosted By: Caffeinated Reviewer

I read audiobooks a lot now but I am not sure how many I'll finish this year so I am not aiming for any goal. I'm just trying to finish as many as I can.



4. New Release Challenge
Hosted By: Unconventional Bookworms

I love reading new releases and I am getting better at reading them in the year they come out. My goal for this year is New Release Newbie (1-30 books).

TBR for Next Year:


5. 2019 Backlist
Hosted By: The Bookwyrm's Hoard

I have so many books that I own and have yet to read so this challenge is possible.

TBR For Next Year: The Cruel Prince, The Case of JamieSense and Sensibility


And that is it for this blogpost. I hope you all enjoyed and maybe considered adding one of these challenges for your list for 2019.





No comments:

Post a Comment