Saturday 7 March 2020

February '20 Wrap-Up


Time for another wrap up!

I only read six books in February but two of them were rereads. I really enjoyed most of the books that I read which was great.

Hoping next month is a good reading month as well!

 Anyways...

Time to talk about the books I read this month.


PHYSICAL BOOKS


The first book I read was American Royals by Katharine McGee. It was very hard to put my thoughts into words about this book. I ended up enjoying it but it was a little hard to get into and was a lot like Katharine McGee's other series. This is about when America won the Revolutionary War and instead of George Washington becoming the President, he becomes the King. Now, two and a half centuries later, the Hosue of Washington is still on the throne. This is about Princess Beatrice, Princess Samantha and Prince Jefferson's adventures. There is so much drama in this which made me like it more as I didn't enjoy a lot of the characters. I rated it 3.5 Crowns. 

The second book I read was The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh. This book is about a girl named Celine who moves to New Orleans after she is forced to flee her life as a dressmaker in Paris. She's taken in by the Ursuline convent along with six other girls and soon she becomes involved in the city's glitzy underworld after catching the eye of Sebastien Saint Germain. When the body of one of the girls from the convent is found in his lair, she isn't sure what to do. But as they get to know each other and each crime gets more gruesome than the last, she starts to think that it could be the work of Sebastien and she takes matters into her own hands when the murders continue to go unsolved. I really enjoyed the characters and the plot of this book though I was promised more vampires so I hope we get to see more of them later. I rated this 5 Crowns. 

The third book I read was Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren.  I recently read another book by Christina Lauren which I really enjoyed but unfortunately I didn't enjoy this one as much. This was about Tate Jones who meets Sam Brandis on a vacation in London and she tells him some of her biggest secrets such as the fact that she's the long-lost daughter of one of the world's biggest film stars. However, her trust was misplaced and her world was changed forever. Fourteen years later, Tate is now an up-and-coming actress and when she steps onto the set of her first big break, she sees Sam again aka the one who betrayed her. I didn't like this book that much because the pacing was super off and was hard to follow. The characters also weren't as likable as the ones in The Unhoneymooners. I rated this one 3 Crowns. 




The fourth book I read was P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han. This was a reread for me as I wanted to read it before I watched the Netflix film which I loved by the way. I am not going to say anything about this book because it will spoil the first one. I rated this one 5 Crowns. 

The fifth book I read was The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan. This was another reread for me as I felt like I was in a reading slump so I decided to reread another Percy Jackson book. I'm also not going to say anything about this one because it's the third book in the series. I rated this one 5 Crowns as well. 

The sixth book I read was Blood Heir by Amelie Wen Zhao. This is a retelling of Anastasia which is my favorite story/movie. This is about Ana who is the crown princess of the Cyrilian Empire who's deadly Affinity to blood is her curse and the reason why she's been hidden from the world. However, when her father is murdered, her world is shattered as she's framed as his killer. She must flee the palace to save her life and to clear her name, she must find her father's murderer on her own. However, the world outside the palace walls is far different from the one she thought she knew, so she asks cunning crime lord, Ramson Quicktounge, for help. I loved this book. The characters, the plot and the writing were all done so well. I rated this 5 Crowns. 


AUDIOBOOKS READ

NONE


ARC'S READ

NONE


REVIEWS IN DECEMBER: 

Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan Book Review


WEEKLY WRAP-UP:



DISCUSSIONS/OTHER:



FAVORITE COVER OF THE MONTH:


NEW FICTIONAL BAE'S: 

Sebastian from The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh

John Ambrose from P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

Ramson from Blood Heir by Amelie Wen Zhao


NEW FAVORITE FEMALES: 

Celine from The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh

Ana from Blood Heir by Amelie Wen Zhao


NEW FAVORITE BOOK RELATIONSHIPS: 

Celine and Sebastian from The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh

Ana and Ramson from Blood Heir by Amelie Wen Zhao


TV SHOWS I WATCHED THIS MONTH:




MOVIES I WATCHED THIS MONTH:



WHAT BOOKS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:



There's so many more but these are the main ones! 


NEW BLOG FINDS

NONE


SONGS ON REPEAT

Frozen 2 Soundtrack - Frozen 

No Time to Die - Billie Eilish 

Addicted - Kelly Clarkson 

Love and War - Fluerie 

When the Truth Hunts You Down - Sam Tinnesz 

Diamonds - Meagan thee Stallion and Normani 

Joke's On You - Charlotte Lawrence 

Zombies 1 + 2 Disney Channel Movie - Cast

Myself - Rachel Levin 

Myself and Me - Halocene

About Love - MARINA

My Oh My - Camila Cabello 

Juice - Lizzo 


 BOOKS I WANT TO READ NEXT MONTH



The graphics at the top belong to me. The background pictures for them, however do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment