Sunday 3 April 2016

MARCH WRAP-UP!

So, it's the end of the month and that means another wrap-up! I know I haven't finished the book haul but I will do it in the next couple of days. I read a lot this month which I am very happy about as normally I read around five to six books but this month I read a grand total of eleven books and I'm halfway through another! Now, before I say too much, let's get on with this wrap-up!

NETGALLEY BOOKS


The first book I got for review was Lions in the Garden by Chelsea Luna. I rated this 4.5 crowns. I really enjoyed this book but I couldn't give it five crowns because the romance moved a little fast and the romance between Radek and Mila utterly disgusted me but I have a feeling there will be more of it in the books that have yet to be released. But I still recommend it to anyone who wants a short historical read.



The second book I got for review was One Paris Summer by Denise Grover Swank. This was a contemporary book about a girl who had to go to Paris with her brother for her dad's wedding. I really enjoyed this book even though I only rated it 4 out of 5 crowns. I don't normally reach for contemporaries but I thought this one sounded good. I really liked how the main character Sophie played the piano and was really passionate about it. This releases on June 7th.





The third book I got for review was A Daring Sacrifice by Jody Hedlund. This was a Historical Fiction story about a female Robin Hood. As soon as those words were shown to me, I was down and I requested it for review but I wasn't as happy with it as I should have been. I only rated this book 4 out of 5 Crowns because there wasn't half as much 'being Robin Hood' as I would have liked. The majority of this book was the romance aspect which had me a little bit annoyed more often than not. But nevertheless it was a pretty good read. 



The fourth book I got for review was A Reaper of Stone by Mark Gelineau. This was a short novella of about 90 pages. I rated this five Crowns as it was amazingly written and had so much development for just a short novella. I highly recommend this and I will be checking out future works by this author. 

PHYSICAL BOOKS


The first physical book I read was a collection of novellas for The Lunar Chronicles series. As I have mentioned before, this is one of my favorite series of all time. I rated this five out of five Crowns as it was beautiful. Some of the stories even had me tearing up. And one had me full on crying so I suppose that's a good sign. If you have not read The Lunar Chronicles series, I highly recommend it. 


The second physical book I read was Dangerous Deceptions by Sarah Zettel. I rated this book four out of five Crowns but I almost rated it 3.5 Crowns. This book wasn't as good as the first one but it was still pretty good. I didn't think it had as much action as the first one which bummed me out a little. 


The third physical book I read was A Tale of Two Centuries by Rachel Harris. I rated this book Five out of Five Crowns as it was positively amazing. It was cute, and fluffy and still managed to keep my attention throughout. Plus there was time travel which totally sells me. 



The fourth physical book I read was City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I waited for-ever to read this book and I really enjoyed it. It was hilarious and serious all at once. My favorite characters were Alec and Clary but they were all good characters. I was a tiny bit upset about the fact that Clary wasn't a badass female heroine but maybe there is time. I rated it five out of five crowns, nevertheless. 



The fifth physical book I read was Fallen by Lauren Kate. I rated this book five out of five crowns as well. I wasn't sold by the cover and the beginning was kind of boring but it got better and I really enjoyed it. But here was another book without a strong, badass female heroine. Oh well. Guess I can't have everything. 



The sixth physical book I read was The Heir by Kiera Cass. I went in with very low expectations. Extremely low. But I came out rating it four out of five crowns so that was interesting. I hated the main character for the first almost half of the book but then she got a lot better and I actually enjoyed the book. A Selection for a female also proved to be rather interesting. Awaiting the next book...


The last physical book I read was Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I loved this book. Finally a strong female heroine. Wow. How many books have I read this month without one? Anyways. I adored this book. I loved the characters, hated the bad guy and loved the world. I can not wait for the next book. My rating was five out of five Crowns!

Reviews This Month: 









2 comments:

  1. I hate Clary. I don't know why. I think it's because she is practically a damsel in distress all the time, Jace needing to save her. It takes her until the fourth book to start training and then the fifth book she can finally defend herself (though she still makes awful choices). I didn't like Eadlyn either, but she really grew as a character towards the end of the book. I hope America doesn't die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clary is such a damsel in distress which annoys me but I will see how she progresses through the series.

    ReplyDelete