Sunday 2 July 2017

JUNE '17 WRAP-UP



So, it's the end of the month and that means another wrap-up!

I only read four books this month because of the end of school and my trip to New York. Despite this, I am still ahead on my Goodreads goal.

This month I went to New York which I talked about in one of my weekly wrap-ups. I got to see Anastasia on Broadway which was the best! I also got to see Wonder Woman this month and it was amazing. I had low expectations because of how bad the rest of the DC movies have been but it turned out to be great.

Next month will be another busy month. I am going to California to see my grandparents for most of the month. I am also working on a Campnanowrimo novel and going to try to plan out another novel. I'll keep you updated.

Join my book club: here.

 Anyways...

Time to talk about the books I read this month.


PHYSICAL BOOKS




The first physical book I read was The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I actually read this book for school as I needed to pick a book that had a coming-of-age story within it. I have had this book on my shelf for a long time and people have said that it is really good but it has always been intimidating. I ended up really enjoying this book though it was slow for the first fourth. It's abut a girl named Celia and a boy named Marco who are apprentice's to magicians. They are put together to compete in a magical game and neither knows who their opponent is or how they win the game. It has so much magic and mystery and is a total thrill to read. I rated it 5 Crowns. 

The second physical book I read was Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth.  I had heard very mixed things about this book and I wasn't really sure whether to start it or not. My sister ended up reading it a while back and said it was good. I had to check this out several times due to how slow I was with reading this. I ended up enjoying it a lot. I rated it 4 Crowns. 

The third physical book I read was The Hollow Boy by Jonathan Stroud. This series is basically my favorite thing right now. The characters are hilarious and I love the whole concept. The books really remind me of Rick Riordan's style. I gave this 5 Crowns. 



AUDIOBOOKS READ

NONE


ARC'S READ



The only ARC I read was Geekerella by Ashley Poston. I have had this eArc for awhile but I took a long break from reading NetGalley ARCs because of school. I picked this one because I have been seeing a lot of reviews lately for this book and it seemed like such a cute story. I adored this book. It was very cute and I'll talk more about it in my review coming this week! I rated it 5 crowns. 


REVIEWS IN MARCH: 



MUSIC MONDAY:

NONE

TOP TEN TUESDAY: 

NONE

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: 

NONE


WEEKLY WRAP-UP:


DISCUSSIONS/OTHER:






FAVORITE COVER OF THE MONTH:



NEW FICTIONAL BAE'S: 

Darien Freeman from Geekerella by Ashley Poston

Lockwood from The Hollow Boy by Jonathan Stroud


TV SHOWS I WATCHED THIS MONTH:




MOVIES I WATCHED THIS MONTH:





CHALLENGE UPDATES:

2017 New Release Challenge: 

1. FrostBlood by Elly Blake
2. Wanted by Betsy Schow
3. These Ruthless Deeds
4. It Started with Goodbye
4. 10 Things I Can See From Here by Carrie Mac
5. Freeks by Amanda Hocking
6. Hunted by Meagan Spooner
7. Ronit & Jamil by Pamela L. Laskin
8. Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
9. The Valiant by Lesley Livingston
10. By Your Side by Kasie West
11. Caraval by Stephanie Garber
12. Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
13. Geekerella by Ashley Poston


NetGalley Challenge: 

1. FrostBlood by Elly Blake
2. Wanted by Betsy Schow
3. These Ruthless Deeds
4. It Started with Goodbye
4. 10 Things I Can See From Here by Carrie Mac
5. Geekerella by Ashley Poston

Series Ender: 

None

Debut Challenge: 

1. FrostBlood by Elly Blake
2. It Started with Goodbye 
3. Caraval by Stephanie Garber

Retellings Reading Challenge: 

1. Ash by Malinda Lo
2. Wanted by Betsy Schow
3. Heartless by Melissa Meyer
4. Kingdom of Ash and Briars by Hannah West
5. Hunted by Meagan Spooner
6. Geekerella by Ashley Poston


Beat the Backlist Challenge:

1. Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston 
2. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
3. Black Widow Forever Red by Margaret Stohl
4. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
5. These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas
6. Glitter by Aprilynne Pike
7. Ash by Malinda Lo
8. Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill
9. Heartless by Marissa Meyer
10. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
11. The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud
12. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
13. City of Ashes by Cassandra Claire
14. The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
15. Scythe by Neal Shusterman
16. Kingdom of Ash and Briars by Hannah West
17. City of Glass by Cassandra Claire
18. Little Black Dresses, Little Black Lies by Laura Stampler
19. Nemesis by Anna Banks
20. The 100 by Kass Morgan
21. The Whispering Skull by Jonathan Stroud
22. HP and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
23. Joyride by Anna Banks
24. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
25. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
26. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
27. The Hollow Boy by Jonathan Stroud


Flights of Fantasy Challenge: 

1. FrostBlood by Elly Blake
2. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
3. Ash by Malinda Lo
4. Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill
5. Wanted by Betsy Schow
6. Heartless by Marissa Meyer
7. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
8. City of Ashes by Cassandra Claire
9. Freeks by Amanda Hocking
10. Kingdom of Ash and Briars by Hannah West
11. Hunted by Meagan Spooner
12. Nemesis by Anna Banks
13. Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
14. The Whispering Skull by Jonathan Stroud
15. Caraval by Stephanie Garber
16. HP and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
17. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Diverse Reads 2017:

1. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
2. Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
3. Ash by Malinda Lo
4. 10 Things I Can See From Here by Carrie Mac
5. Ronit & Jamil by Pamela L. Laskin
6. Joyride by Anna Banks
7. Geekerella by Ashley Poston



WHAT BOOKS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:





NEW BLOG FINDS

NONE

SONGS ON REPEAT


Believer - Imagine Dragons

Anastasia Broadway Musical Album

To Be Human - Sia

Only Angel - Harry Styles

Empire of our own - RAIGN

Parlay - Pirates of the Caribbean

 BOOKS I WANT TO READ NEXT MONTH


 





The graphics at the top belong to me. The background pictures for them, however do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment