Friday 7 April 2017

FEBRUARY '17 WRAP-UP



So, it's the end of the month and that means another wrap-up! [Sorry it is so late]

Reading wise, it was a pretty good month. I did have more books that I wished that I could have read and it didn't happen but it's alright. School is still taking up a lot of time which is sad but I have to deal with it.

I also am watching so much TV. Timeless [NBC] has ended and I still have to catch up and we're waiting on news to see if it will get renewed which I'm hoping it will. I'm also watching Supergirl, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. Oh and Riverdale which is honestly the best show ever. It is so good, the characters are amazing as well as the plot. I am doing reviews on my blog for every episode too. :)  Watch it, it's on the CW.

I read nine books this month which I am happy about and a lot of these are eArcs.

Join my book club: here.

 Anyways...

Time to talk about the books I read this month.


PHYSICAL BOOKS






The first physical book I read was Heartless by Marissa Meyer. Marissa Meyer is my favorite author and I bought this right after it released back in November but it was fairly slow going so it took me awhile to get into it. But, I obviously became in love with this book and the characters and the story. I really enjoyed it. I rated it 5 Crowns.

The second physical book I read was A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. This book guys. This book. I read this in about thirty minutes and I was a literal mess afterwards. It was so emotional and I could not deal. I will get a full review up as soon as I can. [Sorry, I'm so busy all the time] I rated this one 5 Crowns as well.



The third physical book I read was The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud. This was a Middle Grade that I have seen in the library for ages and I never checked it out because it looked creepy. [Idk why?] I really enjoyed it and I am excited to read the rest of the series. I rated this 5 Crowns.

The fourth physical book I read was The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows. This was a book that I have put off reading for a long time, partly because I didn't have time to read it and partly because I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it. I rated this one 4 Crowns.

The fifth and last physical book I read was City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare.  I read the first book practically a year ago and I really enjoyed it but I put this one off for a long time because of other reading priorities. The world and characters completely entrance you when you pick this series up. Clary is such a good heroine and her actions are realistic for someone in her position. I rated this one 5 Crowns.




ARC'S READ





The first ARC I read was Wanted by Betsy Schow. I read the first book, Spelled by Betsy Schow a year ago and I really enjoyed it so when I got the ARC of this, I was stoked but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one as there were some things that confused me such as a new romance that wasn't terribly necessary. I rated this one 4 Crowns and I have a full review which I will link under reviews. 

The second ARC I read was These Ruthless Deeds by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas. I really enjoyed this book but the ending was not something that I was expecting and there were a lot of twists and turns that were interesting. I rated this one 4 Crowns as well. 



The third ARC I read was It Started with Goodbye by Christina June. I did not expect anything out of this book because I just pressed request because the cover was pretty and drew me to it but I happened to really enjoy it. This is a contemporary romance but the romance isn't a huge part of the story. It is apparently a contemporary retelling of Cinderella but it hardly is at all. The main character, Tatum is a graphic designer and has to do community service for a crime she didn't commit. I highly recommend this book and I rated it 4 Crowns. 

The last ARC I read was 10 Things I Can See From Here by Carrie Mac. This was by far one of my favorite books of this year so far and it is a contemporary, who would have thought? Maeve [the main character], struggles with anxiety which is a current theme in this book. It is addressed so strongly and smoothly and it is such a good representation. She is also an LGBT character who is already out so there is no coming out story to this which was refreshing. Overall, I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it. It is out now so go pick it up!  I did a full review as well which I will link below. I rated it 5 Crowns. 




REVIEWS IN FEBRUARY: 






OTHER POSTS: 


MUSIC MONDAY:

NONE

TOP TEN TUESDAY: 

NONE

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: 

NONE


WEEKLY WRAP-UP:

NONE


DISCUSSIONS/OTHER:





FAVORITE COVER OF THE MONTH:






NEW FICTIONAL BAE'S: 


Jest from Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Anthony Lockwood from The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud

Tobiah from The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows



TV SHOWS I WATCHED THIS MONTH:

 




CHALLENGE UPDATES:

2017 New Release Challenge: 

1. FrostBlood by Elly Blake
2. Wanted by Betsy Schow
3. These Ruthless Deeds
4. It Started with Goodbye
4. 10 Things I Can See From Here by Carrie Mac


NetGalley Challenge: 

1. FrostBlood by Elly Blake
2. Wanted by Betsy Schow
3. These Ruthless Deeds
4. It Started with Goodbye
4. 10 Things I Can See From Here by Carrie Mac

Series Ender: 

None

Debut Challenge: 

1. FrostBlood by Elly Blake
2. It Started with Goodbye 

Retellings Reading Challenge: 

1. Ash by Malinda Lo
2. Wanted by Betsy Schow
3. Heartless by Melissa Meyer


Beat the Backlist Challenge:

1. Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston 
2. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
3. Black Widow Forever Red by Margaret Stohl
4. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
5. These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas
6. Glitter by Aprilynne Pike
7. Ash by Malinda Lo
8. Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill
9. Heartless by Marissa Meyer
10. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
11. The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud
12. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
13. City of Ashes by Cassandra Claire

Flights of Fantasy Challenge: 

1. FrostBlood by Elly Blake
2. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
3. Ash by Malinda Lo
4. Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill
5. Wanted by Betsy Schow
6. Heartless by Marissa Meyer
7. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
8. City of Ashes by Cassandra Claire

Diverse Reads 2017:

1. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
2. Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
3. Ash by Malinda Lo
4. 10 Things I Can See From Here by Carrie Mac

WHAT BOOKS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:







NEW BLOG FINDS



SONGS ON REPEAT

High - Zella Day 

Soldier - Fleurie

Beauty and the Beast - Ariana Grande and John Legend

Shape of You - Ed Sheeran

Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood

La La Land Album 



The graphics at the top belong to me. The background pictures for them, however do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment