Saturday 25 August 2018

JULY '18 WRAP-UP



So, it's the end of the month and that means another wrap-up!

It's already almost the end of August so this is really late but it is finally here.  I am going to college in three days which is crazy.

In July I was in California and I had fun. I went to Disneyland and did a lot of things that I normally don't do there.

Join my book club: here.

 Anyways...

Time to talk about the books I read this month.


PHYSICAL BOOKS


The first book I read was Defy the Worlds by Claudia Gray. I really enjoyed this book as I liked seeing how the two characters found each other again and how we got more development for them. Also, I loved seeing more of the world. I rated this one 4 Crowns. 

The second book I read was The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. My sister read this a while back and made me read it so I did. I did enjoy it though I like books better if there are more girls (cause I'm one). I did enjoy the storyline and the message. I rated this one 3 Crowns. 

The third book I read was Nerve by Jeanne Ryan. I have wanted to read this for awhile and I finally have. I did not like this as much as I wanted to. It was a little bit confusing and although I liked the concept, I found it disturbing so I ended up rating it only 3 Crowns. Also, the last half of it really freaked me out. 


 

The Continent by Keira Drake was the fourth book I read. There is so much controversy surrounding this book so I was a little hesitant to start this book but I requested it from the library and read it. I really enjoyed it. I feel like there are a couple of issues with it but the author edited it really well and made it better. I loved the premise and the characters. I rated it 3 Crowns. 

The fifth book I read was Unite Me by Tahereh Mafi. I loved these short stories in the Shatter Me series. Learning more about Warner and Adam was so interesting and made me love Warner even more. I wrote reviews of both of these short stories on my blog. I rated the whole thing 5 Crowns. 



The sixth physical book I read was Ms. Marvel Volume 2. I really love Ms. Marvel as she's a teenage girl who has powers and is interested in helping her town. I loved this one and learning more about her. I rated this one 4 Crowns. 

The seventh physical book I read was The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden. I love this series so much. The main character is so interesting and I love the whole story. I want to write a review of two of this book so I am not going to say anything. I rated this one 4 Crowns.  


AUDIOBOOKS READ


The first and only audiobook that I listened to was Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi. I love the person who reads these audiobooks because she makes the characters sound so realistic and her voices really match the characters themselves. I also loved the story and how it wrapped up, for the most part. Plus my ship: Warner and Juliette. I rated this 5 Crowns. 

ARC'S READ


The first and only ARC I read was Rule by Ellen Goodlett. I received this as a physical ARC from the publisher and I loved it so much. I really liked the concept of the three queens who each have to fight for the throne although they all became friends and allies when someone threatened all of them. I liked the characters and the setting. I rated it 4 Crowns. 


REVIEWS IN MARCH: 




WEEKLY WRAP-UP:






DISCUSSIONS/OTHER:



FAVORITE COVER OF THE MONTH:



NEW FICTIONAL BAE'S: 

Aaron Warner from Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Morozko from The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden


NEW FAVORITE FEMALES: 

Zofi, Akeylah and Ren from Rule by Ellen Goodlett

Vaela from The Continent by Keira Drake

Vasya from The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden



NEW FAVORITE BOOK RELATIONSHIPS: 

Warner and Juliette from Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi 

Vasya and Morozko from The Girl in the Tower


TV SHOWS I WATCHED THIS MONTH:




MOVIES I WATCHED THIS MONTH:




WHAT BOOKS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:




NEW BLOG FINDS

NONE


SONGS ON REPEAT

Done for Me - Charlie Puth ft. Kehlani 

You Drive Me Crazy - Britney Spears

My Prerogative - Britney Spears

Boys - Britney Spears



 BOOKS I WANT TO READ NEXT MONTH




The graphics at the top belong to me. The background pictures for them, however do not.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about Nerve -- it was an interesting concept but a little too dark for me.

    ReplyDelete