Saturday 9 June 2018

MAY '18 WRAP-UP



So, it's the end of the month and that means another wrap-up!

It's June which means we're already halfway through the year. That is so crazy to me because it feels like we just entered 2018.  Also, it's summer break for me which is great because I get some time to relax and hang out with friends. 

This month I read a lot of books and I watched three movies! (One of them was Solo which every fan of Star Wars should go see. It's really good).

Join my book club: here.

 Anyways...

Time to talk about the books I read this month.


PHYSICAL BOOKS



The first book I read was Shatter by Aprilynne Pike. I really enjoyed Glitter by Aprilynne Pike which was the first book and I didn't remember most of it when I first started the sequel. I really enjoyed how the story progressed. Danica really grew as a character in Shatter and was more independent than she was in the first book. She stopped relying on nobility for everything. I rated it 4 Crowns. 

The second book I read was Batman Nightwalker by Marie Lu. I am not a big fan of Batman but I really enjoyed this story about him when he was young. I liked how he wanted to help even when he was this age and he is still a bit of a rebel. I rated it 4 Crowns. 

The third book I read was Love, Hate and Other Filters by Samira Ahmed. Maya was an interesting protagonist. She is an Indian-American Muslim teenage girl living in America and she experiences a lot of racism and other issues that nobody should face. Since Islam-phobia is a main issue in America, this book tackles it and shows how it is wrong and hurts everyone. I rated it 4 Crowns. 



The fourth physical book I read was Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli. I wrote a full review of this book because I loved it so much. Leah is such a strong character and it was great to see her front and center in this book while she was more in the background in Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda. I rated this 5 Crowns. 

The fifth physical book I read was Angelfall by Susan Ee. I have been wanting to start this series for so long and I finally decided to dive in. I really enjoyed the premise and I liked the introduction of the characters. Penryn was a wonderful heroine and Raffe was such a brooding character. I rated it 4 Crowns. 

The sixth physical book I read was The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw. I heard about this book last year and I loved the premise. It had a very mysterious and dark setting to it. I don't want to give away too much but it's about three sisters who were accused of being witches so they were drowned. This was over 200 years ago but they come back every summer to get revenge and boys end up being drowned each year. I liked the main characters and the plot and I rated it 4 Crowns. 



The seventh physical book I read was Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. This was said to be Indiana Jones in space which it basically was. The two main characters are in space exploring temples and hoping to find things they can sell back on Earth. It is set in the future and Earth is almost a wasteland. I rated this one 4 Crowns. 

The eighth physical book I read was Royals by Rachel Hawkins. After the royal wedding this year, I picked up this book and it was so cute and hilarious. The main character's sister is getting married to the Crown Prince of Scotland so she has to go there over the summer and lots happens. I rated this one 4 Crowns. 

The ninth physical book I read was World After by Susan Ee which is the sequel to Angelfall. I enjoyed the second book as well but I was disappointed that there wasn't more of Raffe. I liked seeing Penryn be a badass all by herself though which was great. I rated this one 4 Crowns.  

AUDIOBOOKS READ

NONE

ARC'S READ


The first and only ARC I read was Star-Touched Stories by Roshani Chokshi. Roshani Chokshi wrote one of my favorite books: The Star-Touched Queen and I had to request this as an eARC. I really enjoyed the three stories in here that had the same kind of imagination and beauty as the full length novels. I rated this 5 Crowns. 


REVIEWS IN MARCH: 



MUSIC MONDAY:

NONE

TOP TEN TUESDAY: 

NONE

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: 

NONE


WEEKLY WRAP-UP:



DISCUSSIONS/OTHER:




FAVORITE COVER OF THE MONTH:



NEW FICTIONAL BAE'S: 

Bruce Wayne from Batman Nightwalker by Marie Lu

Raffe from Angelfall by Susan Ee

Bo from The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw

Miles from Royals by Rachel Hawkins

Jules from Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

Saber from Shatter by Aprilynne Pike


NEW FAVORITE FEMALES:

Danica from Shatter by Aprilynne Pike 

Leah from Leah on the Offbeat 

Maya from Love, Hate and Other Filters by Samira Ahmed 

Penryn from Angelfall by Susan Ee

Penny from The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw

Daisy from Royals by Rachel Hawkins

Amelia from Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner 


NEW FAVORITE BOOK RELATIONSHIPS: 

Danica and Saber from Shatter by Aprilynne Pike 

Leah and Abby from Leah on the Offbeat

Raffe and Penryn from Angelfall by Susan Ee

Penny and Bo from The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw

Daisy and Miles from Royals by Rachel Hawkins

Amelia and Jules from Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner


TV SHOWS I WATCHED THIS MONTH:





MOVIES I WATCHED THIS MONTH:




WHAT BOOKS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:






NEW BLOG FINDS

NONE

SONGS ON REPEAT

Done for Me - Charlie Puth ft. Kehlani 

No Tears Left to Cry - Ariana Grande

Blood//Water - grandson

Back to You - Selena Gomez

Lie to Me - Mikolas Josef 

That's How You Write a Song - Alexander Rybak 

Love you Better - Neon Hitch 

 BOOKS I WANT TO READ NEXT MONTH



The graphics at the top belong to me. The background pictures for them, however do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment