Wednesday 6 March 2019

JANUARY + FEBRUARY WRAP-UP


Another combined wrap-up and this time it's for January and February.

January was part of my winter break which was good as I got a lot of reading done. I didn't get much reading done in February as I've been trying to focus on my studies and my homework which take up the majority of my time anyways.  It's funny how most days I end my classes around noon and yet I still take the afternoon and night to do work.

I didn't do very many 2018 Wrap-Up posts this year and I may do one or two this month but we'll see.

 Anyways...

Time to talk about the books I read this month.


PHYSICAL BOOKS


The first book I read was Carols and Chaos by Cindy Anstey. This is a cute Christmas themed book that was fun to read over my break. Cindy Anstey's regency books are the best. They are super cute and relatively short which make for an amazing read. I loved the main character and the storyline. I rated it 4 Crowns. 

The second book I read was Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I am so proud of myself for reading a classic already this year. I read this so I could watch the movie with my mom and I am very glad I did. I liked the book and I enjoyed the main characters. I rated it 4 Crowns. 

The third book I read was The Good Girls by Sara Shepard. I read the first book a couple of months ago and I enjoyed it. I thought it was really interesting how it all wrapped up in this book as there were so many reveals that I didn't expect. I rated this one 3 Crowns. 



The fourth book I read was The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken. I have heard so many things about this book and I wanted to try it for myself. I don't read too many Middle Grade books anymore but I had to give this one a try. I ended up really enjoying it. The humor was on point as well as the characters and storyline. I rated it 4 Crowns. 

The fifth book I read was Give the Dark my Love by Beth Revis. I heard some things about this book and I knew I had to try it out. I liked this book a lot and wrote a full review of it where you can read my full thoughts. I rated it 4 Crowns. 

The sixth book I read was The Forest Queen by Betsy Cornwell which is a Robin Hood retelling. I loved how Sylvie is basically a female Robin Hood and her brother is the bad guy. I rated this one 4 Crowns as well. 




The seventh book I read was Murder at Hatfield House by Amanda Carmack. I have been really into adult mysteries lately and this one was a great start to a series that I am definintly going to continue. It was a very short read that I finished really quickly. I loved the setting and the characters. I rated it 3 Crowns. 

The eighth book I read was Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I read another classic in January but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Frankenstein is basically the horror novel that started it all and I have never read it before.  I didn't like Victor as he kind of scared me and didn't connect well with other people. I rated it 3 Crowns. 

The ninth book I read was The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White. I loved this book so much! It is a retelling of Frankenstein and I was scared to read it because I didn't like the original but I loved this retelling. I liked how different Elizabeth was and how she was a strong female character rather than how she was portrayed in Frankenstein. I rated this book 4 Crowns.



The tenth book I read was The Case for Jamie by Brittany Cavallaro. I love this series. It's a very interesting retelling of Sherlock Holmes. I like how this book focuses more on Jamie, as the other books focused more on Charlotte. I rated this book 4 Crowns.

The eleventh book I read was The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. There was so much hype surrounding this book and I finally read it and it lived up to the hype. The book is amazing! I love fae and faeries books and Holly Black's other fae book was good. I liked how different the characters of Cardan and Jude were to other characters that I've read before. I rated this 5 Crowns. 

AUDIOBOOKS READ

NONE

ARC'S READ


The only ARC I read was Dark of the West by Joanna Hathaway which I really enjoyed. I wrote a whole review on this book. I liked the whole premise and how it was a fantasy book that seemed to be set in World War II. I rated it 4 Crowns. 



REVIEWS IN JANUARY + FEBRUARY: 




WEEKLY WRAP-UP:







DISCUSSIONS/OTHER:





FAVORITE COVER OF THE MONTH:


NEW FICTIONAL BAE'S: 

Grey from Give the Dark my Love by Beth Revis

Athan from Dark of the West by Joanna Hathaway

Prince Cardan from The Cruel Prince by Holly Black


NEW FAVORITE FEMALES: 

Kate Darby from Carols and Chaos by Cindy Anstey

Nedra from Give the Dark my Love by Beth Revis

Sylvie from The Forest Queen by Betsy Cornwell

Elizabeth from The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White

Aurelia from Dark of the West by Joanna Hathaway

Jude from The Cruel Prince by Holly Black


NEW FAVORITE BOOK RELATIONSHIPS: 

Kate and Matt from Carols and Chaos by Cindy Anstey

Grey and Nedra from Give the Dark my Love by Beth Revis

Aurelia and Athan from Dark of the West by Joanna Hathaway

Jude and Cardan from The Cruel Prince by Holly Black


TV SHOWS I WATCHED THIS MONTH:







MOVIES I WATCHED THIS MONTH:



 


WHAT BOOKS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:


 

There's so many more but these are the main ones! 


NEW BLOG FINDS

NONE


SONGS ON REPEAT

Phantom of the Opera - Movie Soundtrack

7 rings - Ariana Grande Album

Saturday Night - Panic! at the Disco

Mercy - Hurts

Go - Meg Myers

Sweet But Psycho - Ava Max

The Struggle - Grizfolk



 BOOKS I WANT TO READ NEXT MONTH




The graphics at the top belong to me. The background pictures for them, however do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment